jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Help! I'm New and Need Some Suggestions

1. grannygoodearth profile image61
    grannygoodearthposted 6 years ago

I have created a few hubs over the past months but recently have been working on a series of hubs grouped under the name of "Tales From Tickle Belly Farm." The intended audience is younger children and their parents. It is based on life on a working horse farm and includes games, crafts and children's stories that were popular long ago...some nearly 100 years ago.

I would like to eventually reach out to elementary school teachers and homeschoolers and have been working on a "marketing plan".

Is there anything I can do to improve my hub?

I am currently with AdSense but have never made any money. Is this idea of mine for this kind of hub...not a good idea? Please be honest: I can take it! I have seven children who tell me I'm wrong all the time!

Thank you in advance for any help!
    Granny (alias Carol)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Grannys-Homemad … ry-14-2010

2. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Sounds like a great idea!

grannygoodearthposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the words of encouragement! One is never sure if an idea like this will appeal to young families today.

Thanks again!

3. wyanjen profile image87
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

Hello Carol :-)
    I would recommend more pictures to break up the text.
    A giant wall of words tends to scare away casual readers.

Use more text capsules to break up the text as well. You can give each capsule a title. This gives the reader a little mental break too.

There are several places to find free photos on-line that you can use without a copyright problem. I use Dreamstime.com. They have premium and free stock photos.

Regarding AdSense: the trick is to target your keywords. There are many hubs here about using key words.

Good luck! This is a great idea for a series.

grannygoodearthposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the ideas and also for the site for pictures. I will have more of my own horse and dog pictures as soon as the weather is a little better and I can walk through the pasture without having the mud suck the boots off my feet!

To Ivorwen: Please let me know what your boys think of the stories. I am planning some more simple crafts in the next few weeks and as we get closer to spring, I have patterns for making box kites as well as the diamond kite. I love science so I will probably be throwing a few simple science/nature projects in as well. Today I found an old book with wonderful stories from the 1930's that I thought would be fun.

BTW: The cowgirls from Tickle Belly Farm are going to the Illinois Horse Show in March and I was thinking about adding pictures and a story of what it is like to go to a big horse show.

Again, thank you all for your input!

4. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 6 years ago

This is going to sound bad, but dumb it down a bit. People looking for ideas for their kids are just looking for something they can skim real quick and have it down pat.

5. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I just read over the hub you have listed, and am looking forward to reading it to my boys some time next week.  As a homeschooling mom, I think it is a great length for my four and six year olds.  The projects and stories seem right on their level too.  I will let you know what they think of it, and what the older two think of it also.