jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award

1. cindyvine profile image85
    cindyvineposted 6 years ago

Amazon together with Createspace and Penguin have released their new info on their Breakthrough Novel Award.  This year, they have said that even novels which have been previously self-published can be entered.  They are accepting entries from the 25th January to 7 February.  You need your full manuscript, the first 3000-5000 words of your novel, a pitch, entry form and a photo.  But, you must have your name appearing anywhere on your manuscript or pitch.  First prize is $15 000.  So all you would be novelists who have completed something in NaNoWriMo or before, get your entry together.  Maybe, if anybody's interested, we can start a pitch thread to help each other to get the perfect pitch!

2. Eileen Hughes profile image83
    Eileen Hughesposted 6 years ago

I used to love writing fiction, I wrote two romance novels and lots of short stories and poetry but only got paid for one poem.  So sticking to writing articles now .  At least we get paid for them.  And still dream about other novels writing.

Oh I did print and sell many small booklets on ebay and sold allthose.

3. cindyvine profile image85

Well Eileen, dust off those romance novels and send them in!  You have nothing to lose!

4. emievil profile image85
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Hey cindyvine, you joining?

I'm bumping this thread for other writers in HP. smile

5. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

thankyou, could I use this for an extract on one of my hubs... I will quote you and link it if thats ok?

6. cindyvine profile image85

No worries Salt and yeah Emie, okay to ba bump