jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

This isn't making sense to me - Google Analytics Setup Question

1. Zizish profile image60
    Zizishposted 7 years ago

This is the FAQ

Can I monitor traffic with Google Analytics?
    This is the FAQ Answer:

If you want to dig deeper into the traffic trends on your Hubs, you can track your pages on HubPages using Google Analytics. Simply sign up for an analytics account and then enter the UA- code they assign you on your HubPages Affiliate Settings page.

Here's my question:

I already have Google Analytics - my acct # is UA-*******-1 for one website, -2 for the next, etc.

In the Affiliates Code section - should I have an -XX number at the end of my UA Number that's specifically for HubPages - using one unique dash for each Hub?

Zizishposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I mean - do I have to create a new Analytics ID with the extension for each pub I publish? It this trip really necessary, considering there are already STATS in HubPages?

2. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

There will most likely only be one number at the end of your code, and you do not need two. 

Just go ahead and set up another tracker with Analytics, and enter it into the right spot on hubpages.  It should work fine.

Zizishposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've got a ton of other websites I track analytics on, not sure I want to muddy up my daily scans just so I can see the same number on my Hubpages inside Google Analytics that I can see in the Stats.

1. Ivorwen profile image83
        Ivorwenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Analytics will show you different things than your stats will.  For example, today I learned that a hub with lots of traffic, but no income is actually responsible for drawing in quite a bit of income, for other hubs. 

One analytic tracker is all you need for hub pages.  You do not need a new one for each hub. 

Hope I am answering your questions.

working