jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

is there a time to retire a hub?

1. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

I have several christmas hubs and a couple poetry hubs that seem to spend a lot time at the bottom of the list of hubs as far as score goes.  Then, they will go up in score for a minute, and then work their way back down. 
    Is it better to just take the off, delete them? or just leave them on to do whatever they might do.  Does a couple of hubs that maintain a score of 60 or 58 do anything to your overall score?

2. wyanjen profile image87
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

I have a couple that low, as well as a XMas hub. All the advice I've read is to keep them posted.
    I've been editing my worst ones to get them a little higher but they are obscure topics that do not get any Google traffic.
    I'll be watching to see the advice pour in... lol

3. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

The only time I have gotten rid of hubs is when they are out of date.  Christmas hubs are seasonal, but unless they are specifically aimed at 2009, not out of date.

4. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

So even though three or four hubs out of 50 may not be viewed at all for say a week, it will not effect my overall score enough to matter or cause any problems with the financial aspects?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nope, doesnt matter. Your score has no bearing on your earnings anyway.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

You might as well keep them up!

Over the year you might make an occasional sale, and next Christmas the Hubs will be well placed in the search engines for hte seasonal earnings!