jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is Your Initial Hub Score

1. seamus profile image60
    seamusposted 8 years ago

I just create a hub and the score is sooo low. Is this normal?

I realize it'll be somewhat low since it's new, no one has visited or left comments, etc. I thought that my initial score might be a bit higher since I've written more hubs.

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

There's been nothing mentioned by Hub staff members that has suggested that would be the case.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

I know others say that the more hubs you publish, the higher the initial score, but I haven't found that to be true.  Upon publication, my hub is usually just 'round about 50, though I have 170 published hubs, all of which are fairly high-scoring, and my personal Hubscore waffles around 98-100.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  It climbs fairly rapidly over the first few hours or days.

3. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

What Maddie said.

4. elisabeth reid profile image78
    elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago

I usually start out at 50...then the score drops as I work.  I think the one I published yesterday was 44 when I hit the 'Publish Now' button.

5. seamus profile image60
    seamusposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the info. It makes sense to give a real score as people read, comment, thumbs up or down, etc the hub.

6. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image91
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 8 years ago

My experience is the very same as you all mention here.  I have some recollection of this same question being asked earlier when I first came here.

"Someone" suggested that once published "if" you have produced a well crafted Hub, it  should go up ONE point per hour regardless of traffic, etc....   If not - you are going down:-)

Traffic and comments obviously add to the value of a Hub and thus in some way this point addition increases with this activity, relative to your increase naturally.

One thing that I have always been impressed with HP for, is that somehow the "computer" really does have some way of "knowing" that a Hub has value even IF the public has not figured this out (perhaps you are not popular lol)

In this case... although you do not receive "deserved" traffic "yet"...  your Hub will "marinate" as I call it over "time" and your little Hub that you worked hard on will achieve a very nice score - perhaps in the mid to upper 70s - which is respectable and helps a good Hubber to maintain a descent overall score here on the Hub.

I like this, because it keeps a Hubber from being affected purely by popularity, therefore "we" are willing to keep working our little fingers off:-)

As long as you are putting forth quality Hubs, it seems that HP has figured out a way to help you maintain credibility for the most part...

UNLESS someone tampers negatively with your work, through thumbs down - OR "you" have not complied with HP rules in someway affecting the growing of an otherwise honest hub... HP has a descent system.

Although I continue to question many things about HOTTER hubs and how they credibly recognized here along side said HUBS???

I see a very positive side of the system if you are NOT popular but a good Hubber:-)
    Time will prove this I think as you create more Hubs and of course I am watching this trend with all of my fluctuating Hubs.

Each Hub should get to a mean value and only go up and down from that place... watch each of your Hubs for this activity... again the only thing that seems to deviate from this consistency (lol) is penalties and thumbsdown.

I would be curious to know if this is the same experience other Hubbers have had with Hub scores in general?

I had one of my more popular Hubs just the other day go from about an 83 to a 97 (LOL)  in a matter of only approximately six hours and then plummet back down to the mid 80s...  It is now up again to the low 90s and I am still not sure how it will "rest" when its popularity settles down.  It is a good hub with great info and I will guess that a high 80s will always be its true deserved score without much of any traffic so to speak, based on its history thus far.

I am really interested to see what happens with a few of my "trendy" Hubs:-)

Yikes... need to get to work....