jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

I'm a newbie. Please let me know how I can improve writing Hubs.

1. NoRR4Me profile image72
    NoRR4Meposted 7 years ago

Hello everyone.

I'm a newbie here. I signed up over the weekend and just finished my first hub. I'd like to get feedback on it and learn how to improve.

Thank you for reading.

NoRR4Me.

1. TerryGl profile image60
      TerryGlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your hubpage is quite good and makes for interesting reading.

I would suggest two things. One is to break your writing up into paragraphs as reading all one block is tiresome. Many paragraphs containing each point is far better to read.

Secondly, read other hubs to learn the tricks of making hubpages etc.

There are some very talented writers here at hubpages and they will provide you with all the information you will need.

Good luck.

NoRR4Meposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.

2. ASHWINSPGA profile image60
      ASHWINSPGAposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Here my friend. Hope this helps. its written by a very talented hubber friend of mine
      http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Write-A-Good-Hub

Thank you Ashwinspga, I read the hub you recommended. Good advice. Thank you again.

2. NoRR4Me profile image72
    1. twuxedo profile image59
      twuxedoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good LuckStill trying to figure the process myself.

3. NoRR4Me profile image72

Thanks I would love to have your feedback.

Hey, by the way, you look like a famous actor. I can't remember his name because I'm not that much into movies, but he played in the kids film, "Spy Kids" several years ago.

Thanks again.

4. bigmikeh profile image77
    bigmikehposted 7 years ago

As above, break up the big text blocks, but otherwise a very good first hub with lots of different capsules. More like this and you should succeed!

Thank you bigmikeh, I will be going back in to edit it down into smaller blocks. I appreciate your response.

5. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

NoRR4Me, I agree - if you're going to have photos and ads in the right hand column, your paragraphs should be shorter than usual.  Yours are still too long.

The Hub you were recommended has one bad piece of advice in it. Don't have an "intro photo"!  The top right-hand corner is the prime position for an ad - either Adsense, eBay or whatever you're signed up for.

The thumbnail for your Hub will use the first photo - whether it's at the top of the Hub, halfway down or at the end.  So move the photo down.

6. NoRR4Me profile image72

Oh. ok. Thank you Marissa. I plan to edit it later into shorter paragraphs. I will move the picture too. Great advice. Thanks again!

working