jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Can I Delete a Hub Entirely?

1. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years ago

I have a few unpublished and unwritten hubs on my statistics page. Their score goes down even though they are not published. Some are as low as 47 and I don't understand why? I do not wish to write about the unfinished topics so I don't really want to keep them up, edit, or publish them.

Is there a way to delete these unpublished and unwritten hubs entirely so they don't effect my HubScore?

1. shazwellyn profile image85
      shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

unpublished hubs dont affect authorscore anyway. 

To delete... go to edit on the individual hub and you will see a delete icon on the top of page.  Press that and all is done.

Why dont you just improve your unpublished and publish them?

Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is no delete icon... I don't want to publish them because all they are are titles. I've already published the same hubs with different titles, so what would be the point of me redoing the same hub? :lol

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

From your my account page click on the title of the hub that you want to delete and then you should see a delete button between "stats" and "start a new hub" at the top of the page.  Click delete, confirm, and the hub should be gone completely within 24 hours.

Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yay, it worked! Thank you smile

2. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Uncompleted or unpublished hubs are irrelevant. The Hubscore goes down because there is no traffic to it, including YOU going to it.

The score only goes up with traffic.

There is no reason to delete hubs. Unpublish, fix and re-publish would be the way to go. smile

2. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years ago

My HubScore just went down another point AS I was sitting here. lol

3. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hey Alessia,

I have multiple hubs, which attack a specific problem via different methodologies. So, I have different written content, but leads back to one solid point.

I hope that helped.

Btw- I've got hubs that I keep re-working and re-working. I've unpublished them, so as to work on them, beyond just the edit function. I've left them off for a couple days. It did affect my hubscore, because they were no longer published.

But, when I re-published them, my hubscore started to go back up, but took like 4 days. smile

working