jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Related Hubs Question

1. 0
    Wag The Dogposted 6 years ago

I see that when I pull up one of my pages, it has a "Related Hubs" box on the right.  I think that it has 4 or 5 hubs that are "related" to my hub in it.

As my page is being used to promote 4 or 5 other hubs, can I assume that 4 or 5 other pages are promoting my 1 hub?  If so, that would be great.  If not, does anyone know how it works?

Thanks, Wag

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As far as I know, related Hubs show up based on the tags you chose for your Hub. So one can assume that other Hubs with tags like the one on yours may point to your Hub in the related Hub boxes of those Hubs.

Other Hubbers more experienced than I will have more to say. There's always an aspect of HP data management/manipulation that escapes us all.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's not a reciprocal thing, but you can be fairly sure your Hub is being promoted on other Hubs.  I sometimes see my Hubs in that section when I'm browsing someone else's Hub.

2. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

I think Sally is right.  I did a hub on valentines day for women, then when I did another for men (both similar), the other hub appeared on the related hub space.

Hubpages are so well organised!

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I don't have a clue how it works. Somebody from HP said that it is partly based on the tags. And when I really haven't liked some of the related hubs, I've played with tags and manipulated it a bit. But I don't have time to play those kinds of games on a regular basis.

Mostly I just trust HubPages to be fair. As I have seen my hubs many times in the related column of other hubbers, I just chill. This is a shared site after all.

1. 0
      Wag The Dogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ya, I am sure it is fair, just wasn't sure if I could do anything to improve my standing on it or if it was just some sort of random thing...

4. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

If you look after hubpages and stay within the rules, then hubpages look after you!