Hubs flagged overpromotional - yet others Ive seen are more.....

1. salt profile image66
    saltposted 6 years ago

directly sales orientated.
    Maybe Ive missed the point. I am unsure how to change my hub so that this doesnt apply. I got an email saying that it had to do with links.

I have the amazon list and links to other parts of amazon...

please could use some guidance here...

Also other money related hub was flagged and not quite sure why as changed what I thought was wrong and then was told it had been flagged for a different reason..???

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Salt, overly promotional usually means you have more than two links to the same website in the text of your Hub.  It doesn't have anything to do with how sales-oriented the page is.

The amazon capsule is a revenue-sharing capsule, so you can have as many of those as you like.  If you're using Amazon links in your text, HubPages gets no share of those, so they would count towards the overly promotional flag.

3. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

Is your hub to make you money, or does it tell a story about how it contributes to the community and is not based to make the owner money, but to help those in need..there is a difference when it comes to writing about your stores and business..If it is soley to promote yourself, then it should be made into a legitimate webpage, not to share what you are doing to help disabled people, animals, charities, etc.