jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Does participation in the forums count toward hubscore?

1. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Let me start by saying that I know profile hubscores don't matter (as long as they're above, is it 75?) but I can't help but keep an eye on my score. 

I don't participate in the forums too much, yet I've been noticing that when I don't for a while, my hubscore goes down and when I start participating a little bit it goes up.

I'm not obsessing over it, just curious...

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, it does a bit. Not dramatically though, there is a lot of hubbers with 100 score who never or always never participate in forums. smile

2. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

I think it does a bit. 

I'm certain that following new writers takes your score down.  I've been reading a lot of hubs by people who do not participate in the forums, commenting and following them if I enjoy their articles & my numbers have dropped.  Oh well.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only negative effect on HubScore from following Hubbers is if it is done excessively (ie. fan spamming), or if you are not at all discriminating in who you choose to follow.  Following new (or old) hubbers whose activity you are interested in will not lower your score, in fact that's the whole point of the feature.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
        prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the information

3. Lily Rose profile image85

hmmm....now I haven't heard that before.  Interesting.

4. Beth100 profile image82
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Thanks Paul for the info. Been wondering about that myself...

5. 0
    A Texanposted 6 years ago

I wasn't in the forums for over 30 days and my score moved up and down the whole time. If it matters it ain't much.

6. Lily Rose profile image85

Thanks for all the replies and thanks to Paul for jumping in with that bit of info!

7. caravalhophoto profile image59
    caravalhophotoposted 6 years ago

My computer crashed and havn't been on Hubpages for 2 weeks and my score dropped to 75, no new hubs but just participating in the forums my score jumped back up in the 80's

8. easyspeak profile image78
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

Interesting discussion.  hubpages is a bit like google, they won't tell us their score algorithm!

9. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

I think No. Participation in forums can increase your followers and can help get you some feedback (which is more important than that score).

1. easyspeak profile image78
      easyspeakposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that's the bottom line...more you participate in the hubpages community, the more followers and readers you will get.  so even if there isn't an inherent value in posting, it will always lead to a higher score either way.