jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What exactly is an Adsense impression? How does it pay?

1. The Indexer profile image80
    The Indexerposted 8 years ago

Please forgive my ignorance, folks, but I'm really not sure that I understand how Adsense works. I can see that clicks on Ads give you cash, but why is there also a running total for "impressions"?

Firstly, what is an "impression"? Is it the posting of an Ad on your page? Or has it got something to do with the number of visits your page gets, whether or not someone clicks on an Ad?

On my Adsense account I currently have about 650 impressions and 33 page clicks, and I have so far "earned" the princely sum of $11 with my 40 hubs! Is the number of impressions significant, because they don't seem to relate to payment in any way?

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

We've all got to start somewhere! smile

Here's a little something else to consider...

I've collated a bunch of information pertaining to Adsense and have published it here: What Is Adsense?

2. 0
    simcoposted 8 years ago
  3. The Indexer profile image80
    The Indexerposted 8 years ago

Thanks for your reply. Google's page answers some of the questions but not all of them, such as what is the relationship between page impressions and one's earnings?

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's a tough question which google will actually ban your account for if you give out that information.

But, the more people that click on your ads, and the higher paying the subject, the more you will earn. LOL

Paul suggested that typical earnings here is between $1 and $5 per 1,000 impressions.

4. sarikgp profile image59
    sarikgpposted 6 years ago

nice quote....