jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Anyone else not get any traffic from Yahoo?

1. embitca profile image81
    embitcaposted 9 years ago

I get quite a bit of traffic from Google, but for some odd reason I get nothing at all from Yahoo or MSN. I even took the time to submit a couple of hubs to both sites and still nothing.

I was just wondering if its just me or if it is common among hubbers? Any ideas on how to get the Yahoo bots scurrying in our direction or is it just a matter of patience?

2. spuds profile image22
    spudsposted 9 years ago

I've had a very small amount of traffic from Yahoo. It's nothing in camparison to the traffic I get from Google though.

3. embitca profile image81

It's kinda weird, isn't it? Well, hopefully they will be along some day.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

yahoo took some time, but i'm now getting significant numbers from them... i'd say, wait it out.

5. Lincoln Armstrong profile image59
    Lincoln Armstrongposted 9 years ago

Yahoo and MSN (MSN especially) are sloooooow to pickup new pages.  Ask.com is a little faster, but nothing has a page indexed before Google does.

6. embitca profile image81

I totally forgot that Ask even existed. I don't think I've ever seen any traffic from them. I get a bit from AOL and Netscape, but I'd sure like Yahoo to pick me up. Oh well, maybe someday. Google has sure been sweet.

7. Lincoln Armstrong profile image59
    Lincoln Armstrongposted 9 years ago

Ask is funny.  All of a sudden there will be eight zillion results from them on Tuesday, while on Monday there were zero.   They might be slow to get to a particular page or site, but once they are there they provide another 15% or so over whatever the current search traffic is like.

8. sporsfanX profile image69
    sporsfanXposted 9 years ago

Yahoo seems to have little rhyme or reason to its rankings sometimes.  Yahoo does seem to like hubpage articles, one of mine is the #1 spot and gets me decent traffic now.

9. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 9 years ago

If you get your own page like yahoo offers and I think MSN does the same you can add the rss feed links to your hubs and anything else for that matter on these home pages, oh and google has a homepage too that you can command to your will too, these updated links to your(if you do update your hubs that is!!)hubs will be good for the search engines and google traffic.

I myself have home pages in yahoo,google,msn and windows live not to mention other social networks!