My Mom is going to De-Fan me! Help!

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (42 posts)
  1. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

She's registered.

She just emailed me and threatened if I didn't put some clothes on in my avatar she would de-fan me and wants it changed tonight.

What do I do?

Play along and call her bluff?  Would a mom really de-fan her first born?

or

Start searching for pictures with turtlenecks or of flowers and change my avatar?

Help please.

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would start a nasty forum thread about her smile

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol lol

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

My motto has always been, "dance like nobody's watching, write like your mother will never read it".

Your writing persona is your place to express yourself - don't let anyone cramp your style!

3. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

Kimberly it is your Mom , so keep the peace ! Do you mind if I download the pic though ? smile

4. profile image0

yikes  lol

5. dave272727 profile image59
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

I would say do what your mom wants.  But create a hub where you can be you and put whatever pictures you want.

1. profile image0

big_smile

6. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I say leave it. Live dangerously. lol lol

1. profile image0

lol

2. profile image0
      blatvaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed!  smile

7. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

My mom told me to get a haircut and a real job, I decided on keeping the hair and play poker for a living!

8. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Do what YOU want.  She's trying to control you through guilt!! (hey, you know the drill here--and I don't need to remind you!!!)

You look beautiful...and with a body and face like  that, you have every right to post it anywhere you like.  Keep your pic up!!!!!

xo

1. profile image0

kiss.

9. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Okay...got a question...how old are you? I thought that you were an adult. Why is she trying to treat you like a child? I say keep the picture and tell her flat out that you are an aduly, you enjoy this picture, and you are keeping it. I'm only 26 and woudln't change my pic if my mom told me to.

1. profile image0

indeed!

10. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

My Mom didn't like some of what I did either, like for example dumping my first wife and introducing her to my second.  IF she was still alive and IF she was a Hubber who'd threatened me, I'd defan her first and block her. On all levels.

I've never ever believed that as an adult I needed to listen to my parents.  Hell, I never listened them that much as a kid, either.

But that's just me.

The classic between us (Mom & me) was in 1966 when I dropped out of college to sell livestock feed and she freaked out.  Wrote me a 10-point letter that was really nasty.  So I replied...in kind.  One example I recall was a reference to my then-wife's pregnancy:

Mom:  #6.  You must want to move Vicky (then-wife) away from the doctors she knows and trusts before she delivers.

Me:  #6.  I figured I could borrow Dad's calf pulling equipment and do the job myself, save a bunch of money.

Or a reference to my early-out from the Army to go to school.  She figured my dropping out prior to graduation put me at risk.  (It did not.)

Mom: #7.  You must want to be in Viet Nam by April.

Me:  #7.  They say the jungle is lovely in the spring.

She quit writing for a month or so--a record between us--but she never again got that persnickety with me, either. lol

Okay, gotta go fan ya now--can't let your numbers drop, can we?

1. Beth100 profile image69
      Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

11. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago
    1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm always scared when you pust links, Texan lol

1. Beth100 profile image69

But he's so good looking!!! Gotta trust him! wink

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shit, I wouldn't!

1. profile image0

ha.

2. Beth100 profile image69

lol

2. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Phuck it!

2. profile image0

lol lol lol

i love you.

12. profile image0

Thanks y'all for the advice.

I am going to be an adult an keep it and politely explain to my mother why.

I'm sure we'll have a good laugh after she de-fans me yikes  just kidding

she doesn't have to like it, just love me.

big_smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you've arrived at a good answer for you. I love my kids regardless of whether or not I agree with them. I'm sure your mom will too. smile

13. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

Your mum is being anal! Living in the past, we don't hide our bodies in this day and age!

Besides, i think your avatar is nice. You look really sweet and pretty. Tell your mum to get a grip! It's not nudity at all.

14. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

For Goodness sake, your Mum is complaining about what exactly Kimberly? All you are showing is a bare shoulder, it isn't as if you are completely naked. Crikey, for all anyone knows you might be wearing a boob tube, a strapless dress or a bikini below the cut off point of the photo. Women walk down the high street wearing less!
    Leave your photo as it is and tell your Mum to read this entire thread.

smile

15. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

my sister threatens to de-fan me because of some of the material i write. i told her go right ahead because i'm not going to change it. i don't see anything wrong with your pic! you're not even showing any cleavage. big deal, shoulders and face. it's not bad.

16. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

You bare your soul with your writing, so your avatar seems fitting.  And both are beautiful.

17. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

If you are old enough to write on HubPages, you are old enough to choose your own avatar!

18. Sa Toya profile image84
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

Joining hubpages: free
    Writing your heart out:cost time but good times
    Mom joining: awww
    Mom not impressed by your naked avatar and threatening to de-fan you: priceless

If it were me I'd call her bluff and throw in  pic with a right boob or something wink

She won't de-fan you...I don't think any mom would...

Thanks for the giggles....your mom loves you too much..she wouldn't have said anything if she didn't smile

19. NewYorker profile image58
    NewYorkerposted 14 years ago

Just do what your mom says. It's the easiest approach, and in a few weeks she'll have forgotten about her account here and you can put the picture back.

20. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

reading this thread, just laughing.
    yes, don't change that pic and send her a link to this thread instead! big_smile

1. profile image0

I Know lol lol perfect lol

BESIDES I CALLED HER BLUFF AND SHE DIDN'T DE-FAN ME  lol

1. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll mothers.....!

2. Sa Toya profile image84
        Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol she sounds fun though

21. profile image0
    tequilarosemama4posted 14 years ago

you are your own person and that's what makes your writing so interesting to read if you are a adult i say you are entitled to do whatever you please. don't change the pic unless it is what you want to do. let her know firmly that it is your right as a adult to do things like that. but keep in mind my dear she is your only mother so do it gentely. smile

22. profile image0
    tequilarosemama4posted 14 years ago

you go girl! nice to meet you btw smile

23. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

if she has no complaints about your writing, then i would just get a different avatar.  The best friend you can have is your mum..... you look beutiful with your clothes on, also...loose a friend or two but not your mum.....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)