jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Copy and Paste

1. brsmom68 profile image87
    brsmom68posted 6 years ago

I have a question.  May I copy and paste an article from my Word program onto HubPages, or do I have to write it all when I'm online?  I would hate to have my account closed if doing it this way is in violation, as I am quite enjoying it here.  Thanks for any input.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

no, its not in any violation that you do that at all.  its only a violation if you copied and pasted someone else's work on another site.  like you copied and pasted a review of "gone with the wind" off a critic site and claimed it as your own, then it would be bad.  however, if your talking about your word program, then no it's not.

as long as you wrote the thing to begin with on there, then you can copy and paste it.  i used to write all kind of film reviews for fun when i was 13, then copied and pasted almost all of them on hubpages when i first started, and i haven't had any problems with the hubpages staff.  therefore, it'll be fine as long as your copying and pasting your own work.  anyway, i hope that answers your question. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Yes you can copy and paste, although I find it best not to do it straight from Word - sometimes the formatting gets screwed up.

What I do is either write it in Wordpad or Notepad, then copy and paste it from there - or if I've written it in Word, then I copy and paste it into Notepad, then copy and paste it from there.

3. wyanjen profile image86
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

copy/paste away.
    I never write my hubs in the capsules. They are 100% written before I click "start a new hub".

The only concern is if you copy/paste something that has already been posted on a different site. If what you are pasting is new, original work, you're all set.

Marisa is right on about the formatting though. If you're having problems, use Notepad or Text Editor (Mac).

Enjoy HubPages, welcome smile

4. brsmom68 profile image87
    brsmom68posted 6 years ago

Great...that is good to know!  Thank you very much for the help!  This just made it much easier for me.  smile