jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

How do I create a hyperlink inside my blog?

1. 62
    Mr. Phantasmposted 8 years ago

I'd like to create hyperlinks in my blog to Wikipedia.  For instance, if I'm writing about Greta Garbo, I'd like to make the words "Greta Garbo" a hyperlink to her entry in Wikipedia. 
      I don't see any way to do this in the formatting controls.  Am I missing something?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just had to drop in to ask - you do know that HubPages isn't a blog,don't you?

A Hub is more like an article in a quality magazine - it stands alone, it's informative,and it's quite a bit longer than a typical blog post.

2. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Highlight the text, click the "chain" icon.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This was simple!

I used to edit HTML for adding links. sad

3. 62
    Mr. Phantasmposted 8 years ago

Thanks for your help!  I should have seen that.  I feel incredibly stupid now, like I just walked out of the latest Paris Hilton film  lol

4. John Juneau profile image79
    John Juneauposted 8 years ago

Well, at the risk of being stupid, I must say that I have already tried that.  Maybe I am missing a step or?
    When the text is highlighted and the link (chain) icon is clicked, what looks like a dialogue box opens, but nothing can be entered in either the small url space (which has an address of an HP location in it) or in the larger white area below that.  An attempt to paste brings a "bing" from the computer and an attempt to click and type in either space results in nothing appearing.
    So what's up?

5. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Sounds strange. Whenever HubPages is being strange, refresh or control+refresh.

Nine times out of 10, that will fix it.

6. GiftedGrandma profile image59
    GiftedGrandmaposted 7 years ago

This is exactly what I was looking for. Now, I will have to try it...thanks, Jenny!

1. 60
      svfox69posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I couldn't find it either, hehe.
      I am blind as a bat.

7. 60
    James Fieldingposted 6 years ago

Hello everybody, just published my first hub.whoopee!sorry to digress.  However I am uncertain of how to make a relevant link to something I have affiliated myself to which is totally related to my very own first hub.  Any help would be much appreciated, please, thanks?!