jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are most of your comments illiterate?

1. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 8 years ago

[EDIT: Just to be clear, I don't mean the comments YOU are making, but rather the comments on YOUR hubs! wink ]

Okay, this is getting silly. I'm writing in-depth articles on Greek mythology and culture, some of them with footnotes, most angled towards Joe Q. Public. It doesn't seem to matter. Most of my commenters can't put together a complete sentence, let alone a thought!

A selection:

hi i am Some One and that is my real name so live with it

i think Athena is the coolest goddess ever and you should have more info. on her so .........................................................................bye

i think that Some One's comment is true and i like Athena too so i think you should have more info one Athena

my BFF wants to say something too so here is Thing....

Yeah she is sooooooooo totally right, maybe i should kick all ur butts right here, jkjk jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~squigle or as my BFF would
    (there was a lot more in that style)

I Loved
    I dont kare
    needs to have when it was posted

Evidently I haven't understood what hubpages were for. I thought that one purpose was to share original articles, photos and information about a subject, supplemented with links to other good websites on the same subject. I'm not sharing info about how to make money or SEO, but good grief, why click on a hub called "the Greek myth of so-and-so" if you don't like Greek mythology?

2. Inspirepub profile image89
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

A lot of 12-year-old girls Google "goddess" on a regular basis.

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

You have completely understood what hubpages is for. Obviously you are attracting a particular kind of nutter. It happens to all of us. Just ask Jimmy the jock or Isabella snow. They have their own sort - you have found a new one - congratulations, you get to name it big_smile

4. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Sounds like the ramblings of a bunch of young teens that were recently banned from another forum that we both frequent.

5. The Indexer profile image80
    The Indexerposted 8 years ago

I reckon this is something you just have to live with, but at least you can "deny" the comments when they appear.

At any rate, you have got yourself a new Fan!