jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

So excited... Hope it Works Out!

1. Whitney05 profile image69
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

My boyfriend and I have been talking about getting a place. I finally convinced him to buy not rent... He's weird and said, 'why buy when I'm going to get willed a few houses?' My thought, 'why spend the money never owning something if we have to wait like 30 years before someone dies?'

Anyway.... We found a small house for like $3,999 that we're thinking about getting it, touching it up, and renting it out. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, and about 950 sq ft.

In the meantime, his mom found a house right by his grandmother's for $41k. She's getting them to go down on price. (she used to work for a foreclosure company and knows her stuff.) It's not listed yet and won't be till Friday, so she's already calling the people and the bank.

Neither house needs that much work, just a little touch up here and there. I'll probably completely redecorate the walls and such in the one we're going to live in, but that's in time and nothing too bad.

My initial plan was to start buying supplies like kitchen appliances, furniture, etc, so we could have everything ready when we found a house. But these are both great deals.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

good luck to you and your bf, I hope you finished and get all the initial stuff needed and it will take sometime before you can fill it up, but at leats its a starting point, congrats and wish you well, hehe, put coins at the door when you enter, thats feng shui,good luck to the house and to those who will stay

2. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

cool Hope it works out for you!

3. 0
    mtsi1098posted 6 years ago

congrats and good luck...

4. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

Its a good time to buy...just dont get in over your head..

5. myownworld profile image79
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

sounds wonderful! It's a great feeling having one's own place  and doing all kind's of fun things decorating it! hope it all works out for you smile