jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

HELP! I may last post dropped 3 hubscore points in 12hrs!!

1. insearchof truth profile image86
    insearchof truthposted 6 years ago

My latest Hub has had as many views in it's first day as my other hubs, but the score is going down.  The only conclusion I can come to is that people just don't like my hub.  Why don't they leave some constructive critism?  Have I breached Hub rules in someway?  Should I just unpublish it, or give it some time?  I have thick skin, so the truth please!

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The truth is... you're completely over-reacting.  Take a few slow, deep breaths.  Nothing's wrong.

Hubs waver up and down for many days until they find their numerical zone, and then they are going to regularly go up and down within that range. 

Your AuthorScore will too.  It's entirely normal, as that's how the system here was designed to function.  I like to think of it as being like how the ocean is.  Ebb and flow...

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Don't take it too seriously-- these things bounce around so much, I think they may have been genetically modified with the ping-pong ball gene.

Seriously-- they can be very volatile. Just keep writing, posting and trying and the numbers will take care of themselves. Give it time. Keep reading.

You won't win a piece of cake when your number goes up, and you won't be bruised when it drops-- it happens to everyone.

You have a pretty high number for a newbie, so I think you must be doing ok-- or better.

3. grannygoodearth profile image60
    grannygoodearthposted 6 years ago

I'm new here and have wondered about the hubscores. I recall reading somewhere that you wanted a score of at least 78 but I don't know what criteria is used to get or keep that score or above. Also, I noticed a score on my avatar. How do they come up with that score?

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

here is a helpful hub that talks about hubscores, hubber scores.

plus, everything relache said. don't get hung up on the scores. smile

1. grannygoodearth profile image60
        grannygoodearthposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!

4. insearchof truth profile image86

Thank you all so much for the encouragement.  I am breathing a sigh of relief.  This is why I am so happy to have joined Hubpages, you guys are awesome!

5. elayne001 profile image47
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

My experience is it seems the harder I try (writing hubs, in forums, links, etc) the lower my score goes. Then when I get tired of it and go away for a few days, my score goes up. Seems to do better without me. lol

I used to worry about the scores so much, but it is not worth it unless you are a perfectionist and then of course you want the highest score. Maybe in two years you will get there.

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

My score rises the more I stay away too ! I think HP does'nt like me. Too bad I will keep writing anyway ! I came to HP to say what I have to say not to worry about my numbers . So keep writing .

6. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

All of them do that just like Rochelle said, don't worry just keep writing. smile

7. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

No need to get ruffled. smile

Life is fluidily moving forward. You are writing Hubs, you are here in the forums and I'm sure you made some new acquaintences.

Therefore, all is good, yet your letting yourself get bent out of shape over a number on one individual hub. If you had more than one hub go down more than 3 points, which could happen, are you going to be even more ruffled than you are now?

Take successes as they come to you. You were successful in writing at least one hub? Be happy and move on. smile

Just a thought? smile

8. insearchof truth profile image86

I think you are right Cagsil.  I might just go and write another hub and let life keep moving fluidly on....  Thanks

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

9. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

me too 3 points smile

not that it matters or anything lol

10. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 6 years ago

I must be Internet retarded cause I just read the above mentioned Hub and now I'm even more confused!
    According to the numbers I saw my Author score?should be -50.
    I don't have a clue how to "drive"traffic or do "links"etc.
    I'd kill for page views most consider average.
    Maybe I slipped through the cracks or something.
    Please don't tell on me lol.

PS how the hell do I put photos in my Hubs?
    And how do y'all put those little smiley faces at the end of your posts?(This ain't no joke,I might really be Internet Retarded).