jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's the best way to support the average hubber?

1. The Indexer profile image80
    The Indexerposted 8 years ago

I would like to be known as a hubber who does his bit to help his fellow hubbers, which means that I would like to read other peoples' hubs and give constructive feedback. The way that Hubpages is set up, it is very easy to do this for the high-flying hubbers (the $2K a month crowd!) because their efforts appear on the top pages of "Hot" hubs and their portraits are seen virtually every time you log on.

I am also not interested in wading through pages and pages of stuff at the other end of the spectrum, all that "get rich in a minute" spam. What interests me is people in the middle, like myself. I reckon that if I get busy reading the hubs of people with scores in the high 80s and low 90s I will help them to climb, and some of them might return the favour!

The question is, what is the best way of finding these people and their hubs? Doing subject searches is a bit hit and miss, because you often come across very old hubs written by people who are no longer active. Diving down to page 15 of the hubbers list is very time-consuming.

As Hubpages does not provide tools that would make it easier to navigate the database of hubbers (such as by location, hubscore, number of hubs, etc) what would you recommend as a good ploy for doing what I want to do in this regard?

2. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Trust me -  Ihave had a score of 96 to 98 for a while and am yet to hit $20/month never mind $2000!!! I tend to follow people who comment on my hubs or who make intelligent comments on the forums or ask reasonable questions.  I also follow my pet topics and sometimes go to new just to flag the new spam in the area!

3. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

To achieve the result you're after, I would say pick a keyword you are interested in and do a search, then select "Latest". You will see active people, because the Hubs published are recent.

Look at a few until you find a Hubber whose work you like, and then become their fan. HubPages will email you each time that person publishes a new Hub.

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

What I do is click on a fan icon of someone, then click on one of their fans .... and so on, until I find something to read. You wouldn't believe the stuff that is buried in the back room LOL

And Lissie is quite right - hubscore and income are not related. That's not to say that some of the high scorers are not making money, but it's by no means a given.

5. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 8 years ago

I'm with Lizzie - When I feel discouraged I go looking for spammers and flag them.  I think I  caught this from Mark K.  Unfortunately its like killing ants - there are always more in the nest!
    If we could get rid of them all then it would be easier to encourage the serious Hubbers.