jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)

Why you blocked adsense in my latest hub

1. anime_nanet profile image61
    anime_nanetposted 7 years ago

I would like to know why adsense publicity was blocked in my latest hub concerning 4chan.

Thanks.

2. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Adsense publicity? What are you smoking? And I did not block anything on your hubs lol

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Only you misha. lol lol

2. anime_nanet profile image61
      anime_nanetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Of course not. You don't have the power to do it Micha. Unless you engage in the terrorist actions some of the 4chan users do smile

3. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Are you being serious?

Have you even read that Hub, after you wrote it?

I can see why. The simple fact of the mature nature alone and the words you use.

Adsense has rules about mature content. smile

4. anime_nanet profile image61

I was careful to censor my own s**** words.

Also I don't have mature content on it I just talk (very harshly) of a website that has.

Or is it because even the word 4chan is automatically blocked by google? Maybe it's that evil!

5. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years ago

Excessive cussing, encouraging others to become expert hackers... Yeah, I don't think Google AdSense likes those types of articles.

Lol, Have you read the article? I'm stating there that hackers are jerks!

And as for the cursing. I cloak the words and it's my manner of fighting fire with fire.

1. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
        Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I read the article. Trouble with it is, you almost make all of those things sound glamorous. "You can even find guides on how to become an expert hacker" makes being an expert hacker sound exciting and fun.

Also, just because you censor or misspell an inappropriate word, it's still an inappropriate word and a certain level or professionalism is required in most Affiliate programs.

6. anime_nanet profile image61

You might be right, but I think it's deeper than that.

It happened instatntly as I submitted the article.

I think 4chan is banned on google - probably because of all the mayhem they caused in youtube recently.

1. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
      Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So, here is a suggestion. Instead of writing specifically about 4chan, write an article about the stupidity of some sites. Also, try using words that are not inappropriate. Like my grandmother always said, "A person who cusses only proves that they don't have enough brains in their head to come up with an acceptable word."

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure you're right - HubPages didn't do it, Adsense did.  Others have found that even if you're writing something negative about stuff that breaks Google's rules, you'll still lose your ads.  Remember Google's robots are dumb - all they do is look for the "illegal" words, they're not able to judge any of the context.  That's just the way it is.

I think the specific keyword 4chan trigger it. I don't really believe it was the cloaked swearwords or me using the word jerks 5 or 6 times in the hub.

Do you think if I change those swearwords and re-ping the article they would eventually put ads back in?

If they don't I would be sure it was "4chan" that trigger it.

Has anyone had the experience of taking suspected words out of a hub to see if the ads come back?

Or maybe there's a program out there that emulate Google bots and would tip me off on what's the problem?

7. anime_nanet profile image61

I wrote about 4chan because is anime related which is my topic of election.

If you notice some of my other hubs you won't find cursing there... but today I was driven in this direction - just my general mood I guess...

I won't take a word back, even with no adsense... I just wanted to see if someone from Hubpages could explain to me if it was they or Google that transformed the ads space in blank space.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Google makes the decision to show ads on your Hubs or not.  Having topics or keywords that don't have a good ad match, or using keywords that trigger their filters will result in no ads.

Most often, you will only not see the ads during the 60% of the time when you keywords and ad codes are in effect.  When HubPages ad codes are affiliated with the Hubs, the keywords that draw ads tend to be from across the site at large.  I've seen this same thing happen on the Hubs several Hub authors.

Making a Hub that turns up blanks in the Google ads spaces is a sign you are doing something not good, either in tagging or your content.

1. Karina S. profile image59
        Karina S.posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks , good to know.

2. free4india profile image61
      free4indiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is true google ads are not appearing but then 1) F*** 2)fk 3) ***k all mean the same to a sensible person and hence Google is not gonna like it either.  May be their computers use have artificial intelligence !

I'm pretty sure they use Artificial Intelligence. They are computers after all ^_^'

working