jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do remove items from an Amazon capsule

1. 0
    Bob Adamcikposted 8 years ago

Hello:  I'm a newbie, so please forgive if this is obvious, but I'm having issues importing items into Amazon capsules.  There are two problems:

First, if I do a key word search, it gives me titles besides the one(s) I want.  I cannot find a way to delete those I don't want.

Second:  If I go to Amazon.com to look up each item and then paste the ASINs into that query box (each on a different line, as it says), it invariably finds only the first one, and says it can't find the others. 

Ultimately, I relent and do a separate capsule for each item, but that's extremely tedious...and, at times, the search tool will find something in a keyword query, but not the same product with an ASIN query.

If this is covered somewhere, I apologize, but can't find it.  Is there a simple and fast way to populate these Amazon capsules? 

Many thanks.

2. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

You can choose the ASIN option and go to Amazon and hand pick the items that you want to feature.

Make sure to have the ASIN option clicked verus keyword.

Check that you have the option to show however many ASINS you choose up to 8. It's default at 4, but you may have checked for 1, which could explain why it's only showing the first ASIN that you enter.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Just an additional note: you can help screen out items on a keyword search by selecting a category.  This way, if you're doing a hub on the touring the city of Chicago, you can select "books" and you don't end up with a Chicago CD in your capsule.

4. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

hi Bob. Indeed the Amazon Capsule can be a bit frustrating to the unsuspecting newcomer.

I've written a hub on Capsules but to save you scrolling through more than half of it to find the bit about Amazon Capsules here's a link that will take you straight to the information.

Hopefully that will help.

5. 0
    Bob Adamcikposted 8 years ago

To those who helped me with my little problem with the Amazon capsule (Whitney05, Darkside, and Maddie Ruud), many thanks.  and Darkside, I found your capsule hub very helpful...thanks for.  Thanks to all your help, i do think i've got it figured out. 

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

You can also put a minus sign in front of keywords to screen out some items returned by a keyword selection in both the Amazon and eBay capsules.

7. Andrew0208 profile image62
    Andrew0208posted 8 years ago

Hi relache,
    Your techniques are wonderful. It did work well. Thanks