jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Best Ways To Increase Hub Score

1. kurojohns profile image54
    kurojohnsposted 6 years ago

Hi! I've been with HubPages for few months and I love writing here! It's really a great experience. I just want to ask why my hub score suddenly go down? When my first few weeks give me 80+ score. Kindly post the best tips here. Thanks!

1. pooja0908 profile image64
      pooja0908posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just because of traffic falling. It means your article visits per day decreasing in comparison of a day before.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HubPages penalizes scores for duplicate content.  I only looked at one of your Hubs, and that's clearly the issue with that particular one.

3. afunguy24 profile image60
      afunguy24posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Comment on other hubs
      Give people thumbs up and join the fan club and they might do the same in return

2. thoufeeq profile image60
    thoufeeqposted 6 years ago

Make your side clear by double checking that you don't have any duplicate content in Hubpages. Otherwise it's all about the change in page impressions and readership. Build more trust and thus readership.

3. ecogirl333 profile image60
    ecogirl333posted 6 years ago

I thought it was just all at the whim of the Hub Gods.

When they are happy I nearly hit 90 (a far off paradise place I am sure), but when displeased I plummet ever downwards.

I find the best thing to do is try not to notice too much!

4. 0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

Just forget about your score and pay attention to your hub writting, if you build it, they will come (and your score too)!
    That's my humble advice.

5. Internetwriter62 profile image87
    Internetwriter62posted 6 years ago

I would suggest to just write, write, write. The more they see your name, the more you will be remembered. Write quality hubs. So research, research, research, because what you don't know from personal experience, you can research on the internet, this makes you an expert on the subject. Also if duplication is one of your issues, try to state where the information came from. That way you're less likely to get penalized. I hope this is helpful.

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interesting theories

but with a score of 49, Relaches observation of a duplicate content penalty is most likely

..stating where the content came from doesnt change a thing

6. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

Bribe smile

7. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

As Relache and SF said - stay within the rules.

1. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

8. Internetwriter62 profile image87
    Internetwriter62posted 6 years ago

Of course, when I'm stating where the content came from, I do not copy half of someone else's work. I'm talking about referencing another author's content, for the sake of adding authority to my hub. Like if I am talking about a subject, and I read something that is relevant to that article in another site, or a book, I will quote either the author, or the site and I will tell the reader where the info came from.

9. figment profile image73
    figmentposted 6 years ago

A lot of good info in here