jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

The My Account Screen

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image89
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

I find it hard sometimes to explore other hubbers writings, because the profile pages are a limited listing and sometimes based on popularity they may have very important hubs not listed because they were written a long time ago or the content is controversial and ground breaking and therefore voted down by people that don't want that message getting out...

I find that looking at my own hubs, only from my profile page, that I can't really get a feel for my own writings. Perhaps the inclusion of a 'their' account page to the 'their' profile page would help. Being able to list all 'thier' hubs in several different arrangements (exactly like the my account page) would make navigation of others hubs much more user/reader friendly. The inclusion of the Hubs Icon picture would be a good addition to the 'My Account' listing as well as this new 'thier account' feature if opted.

Thanks for any consideration, Mikel.

1. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mike, very valid point, I agree completely and would love the options of choosing which hubs are profiled.  Thanks, hope HP see's this.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree, and I'll give you an example.

I was sure Embitca had written a good Hub about where to find photos for your Hubs.  I tried doing an Advanced Search and couldn't get it.  I went to her profile and tried searching for it in various ways, still couldn't find it.  Gave up.

Of course, it's just possible she's unpublished it, but it would have been good to have some way of searching within her Hubs for specific topics, and I couldn't seem to do that.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

It's really easy to get an entire list of someone's Hubs, and you don't need a whole new screen to get it.

When you view someone's profile page, see how next to the smaller Hub listing that says "Hubs by (whoever)" it then reads latest, hot, best and more?

If you click on "more," what you get is someone's entire Hub list, in order of latest, hottest or best, depending on which of those options you picked first.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's fine if someone has got a relatively small number of hubs, but gets a bit more difficult if they've got a large number. 

There was link to a hub that I recently caught sight of and didn't have the time to read then and there.  I made a mental note of who it was by and meant to return to it via that person's profile, but found it difficult because they had about 250 hubs.  Some sort of index as per the OP's suggestion would be a great help, at least when you're trying to browse the hubs of the more prolific hubbers.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image89
      Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok but what if I wanted to read their works in chronological order, to get a feel for their writings progression... or which of their hubs are most popular (having been read the most overall, even if they are no longer their 'hottest')  stuff like that...

also your point is great for people that are familar with the site but what about a reader that comes in off of a google search and likes the author and needs a list of the authors collected works?  see what I mean. It wouldn't have to be adding a whole new page, just a link to a toned down version of the already existing 'my account' page.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Chronological order would be found by picking the latest option.  It's a reverse listing, so you'd just go to the last Hub listed, and you'd see the first thing published.

For someone's most popular Hubs overall, you'd pick "best." 

A hub marked "hottest" is drawing the most traffic at the moment, which could also be a best, or something new.

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image89

YW and I love your new avatar.

I was thinking maybe they could add an all-time highest rating reached column as well...

4. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

I think a group button would be nice.  It would make it much easier to read the group in order without having to search for the next installment.

5. Mikel G Roberts profile image89

another valid point.

6. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

I bookmark hubs that I don't have time to read.  You can create bookmarks with your own titles like "favoirte" or "must read" and then file them accordingly.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image89
      Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Again though what if you fall in love with a hubbers hub and want to read them all...as they were written...chronologically for example?