jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

The "D-List" - DoFollow sites

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 7 years ago

I just found this website and thought I'd be a jolly old chap and share it.. Ok, I may not be THAT jolly, nor old by no means, but without further preamble, the link:

http://courtneytuttle.com/blogs-that-follow/

Apparently, this site lists a crapload of sites that have the DoFollow tag allowed in their comments section.  I haven't poked around into it too much, but it seems like a great place to get some backlinks without too much effort.

Hope this helps.. at least a little. big_smile

Wait, am I allowed to say crapload?  hmm

Gotta run, got boats to build...

1. margieippc profile image59
      margieippcposted 7 years ago in reply to this

this is great information for us newbies! thanks

2. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 7 years ago

Thank you so much for the list.

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

Build one boat at a time, it's safer.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
      Urbane Chaosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

and yet.. not as fun. big_smile

4. englightenedsoul profile image60

Lyrics do you mean that we should not do too much backlink??Can we get penalized

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Depends what you mean.  If you mean on social bookmarking sites like Digg, Stumble etc, you can get penalized by the site if you overdo it. 

That's because most of these sites are intended for you to recommend quality websites to other members - not to push your own stuff.  If you get caught, you may be banned, so it's very important that for every site of your own, you bookmark several other sites.

You can also get banned from forums if you post too many promotional links.  And if you post blatant promotional links on a blog, the blog owner probably won't publish it so your effort will be wasted.

1. englightenedsoul profile image60
        englightenedsoulposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much Marisa for dropping in and solving my doubts.But I still have one doubt left...Will google also penalize me for over doing it??just wondering

1. lrohner profile image85
          lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No. They most likely won't look at more than one backlink from a given domain, but if you have several, that's between you and the individual site.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73
            JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think Google prefer more back links than one from one site. Goggle has shown large number of backlinks from a single domain like hubpages.
            However, it shows only one from a sub-domain.
            Thanks,
            Jyoti Kothari

2. Madison22 profile image60
        Madison22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I had an experience with one of the social bookmarking sites, I did not get penalized but,  I certainly got frowned upon for posting to many back links. That was early on. Now I occasionally do back links and I am trying to focus more on seo and improving my writing in order to get picked up by the search engines.

5. Haunty profile image86
    Hauntyposted 7 years ago

A useful list for sure, if you want to build backlinks from comments. Thank you. smile

6. englightenedsoul profile image60

Thanks Irohner

working