jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is it possible to write about a topic too much?

1. 0
    blatvaposted 6 years ago

I just had a very deep conversation with a great friend.. And It got me thinking about something.
    I want to write about a subject,  But I don't want to be redundant. It wouldnt be the same.. point, per say.. Just another story, going a little further into what happened.

What do you all think?

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The conventional wisdom around here is that it is very useful to write on narrowly defined subjects. Also, it may be better to split a long story into smaller parts, then link them together. So yes, if there any new aspects, by all means write about them.

In any event, it is oftentimes easier to just write than to speculate about whether or not the drill is worthwhile. If something goes nowhere, do not publish it; that is a natural part of the creative process.

Write one page or one hour per day, discipline yourself to write even when you don't feel in the mood. You'll see how productive you can become.

2. Greg Cremia profile image61
    Greg Cremiaposted 6 years ago

Pretty much everything has already been written About. What hasn't been written is your take on it. Go for it.

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Write.  Link it altogether and then write some more. Whatever you do will be fine and may lead to you gaining a more solid niche.  Good Luck. smile

1. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this