jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Hi Everyone. Couldnt sleep, what would you do...

1. kmackey32 profile image83
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

I havnt been on latly because I have alot going on at home. I threw my husband out a few weeks ago because I found out he was using again. Things around the house were comming up missing and I saw the evidence on his arms. Yesterday probation knocked at my door and I spoke with the local police and they searched my home for him.. They stated he is wanted in connection with some robberies in NY which I live close to the boarder. I dont understand how a person who use to be a loving father and husband can turn down this road and be a person I never knew. Probation also stated they are worried about his safty too because there has been so many overdoses in the area.

2. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

Sorry to hear about your problems, did you read my hub Broken Love yesterday, might help, anyway what time is it there...

kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

No I didnt read that... I was up at 6am but its almost 8 now...

3. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

The problem with the Devil is that he does not work 9/5 Monday to Friday, I knew him well once, he still trys to get me out to play now and agin but I say no, I can say no now because I am strong, there were many years were I was not strong, dont blame your husband for being weak, but equally dont be a fool, if he does not want to change then you must get out and stay out of that relationship, I have been there, I have been both liar and lied to, so I am Dr Phil of the street....take care

4. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

Video games, try the hardest level you can. Your mind will give up eventually and will have no option other than sleep.

5. kmackey32 profile image83
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Latley its been up till 2, then back up at 6...

6. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 7 years ago

Have you contacted Nar-Anon? It offers support to people whose lives are affected by drug users in the family. Sometimes, being in contact with others who have had or are having similar experiences can help.
    http://www.nar-anon.org

kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

No but thank you sooo much... I keep thinking what am I going to do if he overdoses... I cant afford a funeral right now. I'm waiting for a knock at the door all the time.

7. Arren123 profile image79
    Arren123posted 7 years ago

Sorry to here about your problems.When I can't sleep, I will surf the net watch a movie, how many time have I watch shawshank lol, I often don't go to bed until late 2-3am or later

take care and all the best

8. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Remember addiction is a disease...  Would you blame him for his cancer, or diabetes, or other disease? It's not all his fault.  Certainly not your fault.

Go to someplace like Sun Harvest and ask about sleep aids, like skull cap, lemon balm, melatonin. 

Good luck.

working