jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)

Microsoft Word?

1. NewYorker profile image79
    NewYorkerposted 6 years ago

I wrote my hub in Microsoft Word, and just copied the material over to here, and no text is showing. It's just blank..

What the fcuk?

1. vox vocis profile image92
      vox vocisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

First: don't use the bad language!!! :-)

I always write in Microsoft Word and do the copy-paste from my computer, and haven't had problems so far, but I read  on Hubpages that what happened to you is something that sometimes just happens (formatting problems). Use the Times New Roman font size 12 or learn HTML to convert or just rewrite the text directly into your hub capsules. Hope you work it out soon! Good luck!

1. 0
        Kenrick Chatmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Copy from word to a text editor like Notepad and then copy into your hubs.

2. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Can you tell me what you did step by step, that would help.

Quick review of how to do (and please, don't offense as I am not assuming that you are not in the know-how.  Just covering the basics),

1.  Open your Word doc and your browser window in two windows;
    2.  Open your text capsule in your hub;
    3.  Hilight and copy your text from your Word doc.  There seems to be an intermittent problem with Word with copy..sometimes it takes it and sometimes it doesn't;
    4.  Go to your text capsule in your hub.  Put your cursor on the first line of the body in the capsule.  Paste your Word doc in;
    5.  Your Word doc should now appear in the body of the text capsule.

If you followed these steps, and the Word doc still doesn't show up, I would try it again just in case the copy didn't take. 

Also, font may affect how it is inserted into the text capsule.  Use Arial or another true type font to ensure combatibility between the programs.

1. NewYorker profile image79
      NewYorkerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wrote everything in..

Did all steps correctly.. I think. I'm very retarded when it comes to technology..

I was using Calibri at first, but then I changed it to Arial.. still didn't work!

Microsoft Word is retarded.

1. Beth100 profile image83
        Beth100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't be so hard on  yourself!  It's techonology and all software have their little hiccups!

Okay.  Try this:

1.  Create a new, blank document in Word.
        2.  Open your existing document;
        3.  Copy your exiting document;
        4.  Switch to your new document.  Paste in your original Word doc;
        5.  Save your new doc under a new name (something like revised1.docx).  Just make sure you follow your naming rules to keep it standard;
        6.  Open your text capsule in HP;
        7.  Copy your text from your new docx;
        8.  Paste this into your text capsule in HP.

It should appear.  I know, it's a lot of trial and error, some of it doesn't make sense...but hey, it's software!

Now, I don't know what version of Word your using though I haven't had any problems with 03 or 07. 

Worse comes to worse, copy and paste you doc into Wordpad and then copy that into your text capsule in HP.

Let me know how this goes.... smile

3. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I use word all the time and do not have any trouble. I use ctrl+C and ctrl+v on my keyboard because I have noticed that some times I have had trouble with cut and paste buttons in other places.

4. visitmaniac profile image59
    visitmaniacposted 6 years ago

save the document close out the window and then reopen the file and restart your computer. Go back and try copy and paste again and it should work. Some times if your computers been on for a long time the copy and paste system just does not like to work and is very picky

5. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

I always save my work in Word before I try to copy and paste. I have use calibri and arial and others with no problems so far in Hub modules. I hope you find a way to resolve the issue you are having.

6. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Oh, sometimes it takes me more than once to copy and paste in the text capsule.  It's another little hiccup in the software (which, I'm not sure).  smile

7. Greg Cremia profile image61
    Greg Cremiaposted 6 years ago

Whenever any program starts acting up it is time to reboot. (aka restart the computer)

8. The10DollarMark profile image60
    The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't say that whenever something starts acting up you should reboot....However if it's more than a few days since your last reboot, it's definitely something you should do.

Why not just copy paste into notepad or wordpad first, then into hubpages? Also, if you use the ctrl+ key method, maybe one of your keys is slightly stuck and it's not registering properly. Try using right click to find copy/paste to see if it makes a difference.

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You may be working with an old version of Word.  If you are, you will be having plenty of problems in addition to copying and pasting into HubPages capsules.

Also, if your PC / laptop is low on memory this could account for your experience.  Are you having problems with Word in other instances or with other applications?

I've been using Word for years and for all the time I've been writing at HP. I've never had a copy / paste problem.

9. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 6 years ago

That's odd. I've done that with a few of my hubs and never had any trouble.

10. khmohsin profile image60
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

it can be a browser cache issue, i use MS word and i never faced problem

11. NewYorker profile image79
    NewYorkerposted 6 years ago

Thank you everyone.

I found out what the problem was. The hub was 2.720 words. I had to publish it in 3 parts. LOL!

Thank you all.

12. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Be carful with MS Word cut and paste. Microsoft uses all kinds of extra tags and things, which can sometimes be useful, but can cause problems when copying in to other programs!