Microsoft Word?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)
  1. NewYorker profile image58
    NewYorkerposted 14 years ago

I wrote my hub in Microsoft Word, and just copied the material over to here, and no text is showing. It's just blank..

What the fcuk?

1. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First: don't use the bad language!!! :-)

I always write in Microsoft Word and do the copy-paste from my computer, and haven't had problems so far, but I read  on Hubpages that what happened to you is something that sometimes just happens (formatting problems). Use the Times New Roman font size 12 or learn HTML to convert or just rewrite the text directly into your hub capsules. Hope you work it out soon! Good luck!

1. profile image0
        Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Copy from word to a text editor like Notepad and then copy into your hubs.

2. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Can you tell me what you did step by step, that would help.

Quick review of how to do (and please, don't offense as I am not assuming that you are not in the know-how.  Just covering the basics),

1.  Open your Word doc and your browser window in two windows;
    2.  Open your text capsule in your hub;
    3.  Hilight and copy your text from your Word doc.  There seems to be an intermittent problem with Word with copy..sometimes it takes it and sometimes it doesn't;
    4.  Go to your text capsule in your hub.  Put your cursor on the first line of the body in the capsule.  Paste your Word doc in;
    5.  Your Word doc should now appear in the body of the text capsule.

If you followed these steps, and the Word doc still doesn't show up, I would try it again just in case the copy didn't take. 

Also, font may affect how it is inserted into the text capsule.  Use Arial or another true type font to ensure combatibility between the programs.

1. NewYorker profile image58
      NewYorkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wrote everything in..

Did all steps correctly.. I think. I'm very retarded when it comes to technology..

I was using Calibri at first, but then I changed it to Arial.. still didn't work!

Microsoft Word is retarded.

1. Beth100 profile image70
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't be so hard on  yourself!  It's techonology and all software have their little hiccups!

Okay.  Try this:

1.  Create a new, blank document in Word.
        2.  Open your existing document;
        3.  Copy your exiting document;
        4.  Switch to your new document.  Paste in your original Word doc;
        5.  Save your new doc under a new name (something like revised1.docx).  Just make sure you follow your naming rules to keep it standard;
        6.  Open your text capsule in HP;
        7.  Copy your text from your new docx;
        8.  Paste this into your text capsule in HP.

It should appear.  I know, it's a lot of trial and error, some of it doesn't make sense...but hey, it's software!

Now, I don't know what version of Word your using though I haven't had any problems with 03 or 07. 

Worse comes to worse, copy and paste you doc into Wordpad and then copy that into your text capsule in HP.

Let me know how this goes.... smile

3. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I use word all the time and do not have any trouble. I use ctrl+C and ctrl+v on my keyboard because I have noticed that some times I have had trouble with cut and paste buttons in other places.

4. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

save the document close out the window and then reopen the file and restart your computer. Go back and try copy and paste again and it should work. Some times if your computers been on for a long time the copy and paste system just does not like to work and is very picky

5. Michael Willis profile image66
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

I always save my work in Word before I try to copy and paste. I have use calibri and arial and others with no problems so far in Hub modules. I hope you find a way to resolve the issue you are having.

6. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Oh, sometimes it takes me more than once to copy and paste in the text capsule.  It's another little hiccup in the software (which, I'm not sure).  smile

7. Greg Cremia profile image59
    Greg Cremiaposted 14 years ago

Whenever any program starts acting up it is time to reboot. (aka restart the computer)

8. The10DollarMark profile image60
    The10DollarMarkposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't say that whenever something starts acting up you should reboot....However if it's more than a few days since your last reboot, it's definitely something you should do.

Why not just copy paste into notepad or wordpad first, then into hubpages? Also, if you use the ctrl+ key method, maybe one of your keys is slightly stuck and it's not registering properly. Try using right click to find copy/paste to see if it makes a difference.

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You may be working with an old version of Word.  If you are, you will be having plenty of problems in addition to copying and pasting into HubPages capsules.

Also, if your PC / laptop is low on memory this could account for your experience.  Are you having problems with Word in other instances or with other applications?

I've been using Word for years and for all the time I've been writing at HP. I've never had a copy / paste problem.

9. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

That's odd. I've done that with a few of my hubs and never had any trouble.

10. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 14 years ago

it can be a browser cache issue, i use MS word and i never faced problem

11. NewYorker profile image58
    NewYorkerposted 14 years ago

Thank you everyone.

I found out what the problem was. The hub was 2.720 words. I had to publish it in 3 parts. LOL!

Thank you all.

12. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Be carful with MS Word cut and paste. Microsoft uses all kinds of extra tags and things, which can sometimes be useful, but can cause problems when copying in to other programs!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)