jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

I'm a noob here!

1. 59
    1reviewposted 8 years ago

Is there something wrong with Hub pages?
    I'm trying to make a hub and when I enter text the words just continuously stay on the same line ALL the way across the page until I have to use the slide bar..I'm new here...maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    Anyone..would surly appreciate any help

2. Bonnie Ramsey profile image90
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

I have that to happen sometimes and if you look at the top on the options bar, you will see a drop down menu with formatted, paragraph and such in it. Try setting this to paragraph. When I do this, most of the time it fixes it but even when it doesn't in the edit box, it does once I hit save. Wierd but it happens sometimes. Once you change it to paragraph, if it still looks off, click the save and see what it looks like on the page then. Hope someone else can explain something else a bit better. I am still learning my way around the controls as well. Welcome to HP!

3. 59

thanks!...I tried that though and nothing. I was hoping something was wrong with the site!...anyone???

4. 59

I just tried the preview and the same thing! the paragraph goes across as 1 long line. The gray skyscraper module box is lined uped down the middle of my page and it hides the text of my words as it goes down the page....just seems like the format is all screwed up. I have IE 7

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

Have you tried typing it in another place, like Microsoft Word or Notepad?  Then, copy and paste the text into the box.

If it still happens, make sure you highlight all of the text, and then change the formating to paragraph.

Just a tip, many of us have lost work because we typed directly into text boxes.  Glitches happen, and sometimes you can lose everything.  It is always a good idea to type elsewhere, and then paste into your boxes.

Also, it is always a good idea, when things get wonky on your hub, to save it, and close the window.  Reopen it and try again--this helps me whenever things act weird. 

If you try all of these things and it continues happening, I suggest you email the Hub Team.

1. 59
      1reviewposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I tried that too.
      wrote it in word and copy/paste into box...goes straight to  a 1 line sentence.. have it in paragraph mode, this is really aggravating..did some more research..thought it was my browser (EI 7) but others said it runs fine with their ie7..i dont know? When I'm here in the forum section..the page looka alright!

6. chantelg4 profile image78
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

That happens to me all the time because I will write my original in wordpad and copy and paste. When it's one long line that means it is format, just highlight the line, use the drop down menu and select paragraph, save. You might have to do this twice.  Sometimes you need to click done editing and return.

ps. when it is pre-formatted you have to highlight and click paragraph, although then it will format, then you repeat and it should work.

Hope this helps

7. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 8 years ago

This just happens to me all the time! What I do is save the hub and then just refresh the page, then for some reason it goes back to normal. I do not know why this happens, however I always save my work in a word document now in case something goes wrong upon submission.

8. moonlake profile image88
    moonlakeposted 8 years ago

This always happens to me and there doesn't seem to be a way of changing it. Like you said if you just save it then it changes to the way it should look then it's easier to edit.