jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Stumbleupon sucks!

1. brimancandy profile image82
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I recently joined stumbleupon, and it is the most confusing community group I have ever seen. I don't get how it works.

It won't let me post to the forums, saying I am too new, and when I tried to update my tags, it deleted them all, and now I
    have no tags for any of my hubs, and it will not let me add new ones. I'm thinking I will probably just let that one die.

I aslo joined Redgage which is a lot better, and already made 2 cents! Also, as a warning to people. While I was at stumbleupon I clicked on the music category, and my computer sent up all kinds of red flags.

Danger will robinson! Warning! Warning!

2. fishtiger58 profile image82
    fishtiger58posted 6 years ago

I am a bit confused by Stumbleupon myself. I don't go there much.

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

well the name suggests its a stumble.. upon.. stumble here, stumble there, stumble everywhere!

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

When it first came out it was not a social bookmarking tool, you just flagged websites with a positive or negative, and whenever you got bored you pressed stumble to be sent all over the internet one random site at a time.

A few years back you could find some really interesting things with it, alas now spam has taken over and it sends you to sales pitch after sales pitch sad

Stumble Upon, along with most social bookmarking tools are next to useless, poor conversion traffic, no-follow links andsimilar.  Their only real positive in my opinion is that they can lead to natural, high value, backlinks, if someone on the social bookmarking circuit likes your site and links to it from their own.

4. suziecat7 profile image82
    suziecat7posted 6 years ago

I get a bit of traffic from StumbleUpon. I also like the site because when I stumble along, I get ideas. You can find some really unique stuff there.