jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Ad-Spy shows someone else as the adsense publisher on my hubs!

1. Zizish profile image60
    Zizishposted 6 years ago

It was bad enough, that I can't tell where some of revenue is coming from inside my Adsense account  - because while much of it is linked to sites outside of HubPages that I set up, there is some from unspecified locations (no channels indicated.)

I'm REALLY flummoxed on How to Set Up Channels for My Hubs inside of Adsense.

But what really got me today was when I opened my HubPage in Firefox and my SEOQUAKE toolbar ran an Adspy.

The adsense publisher ID associated with my Hub Page and other's I checked was not mine.

It says there are 187 other sites associated with this advertiser's Adsense ID. (That's what got my attention, I don't have that many sites.)

I've entered my correct Pub-ID in the affiliate spot under my account. Inside Adsense it says I have a relationship with Publisher HubPages - revenue share, they (Hub) get 0%.

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Your Adsense ID will only show up on your hub 60% of the time, the other 40% should be HubPages'ID.  I don't know if that is their ID though.

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I just checked one of my hubs and I had the ID you published on my ads, I came back here to check the number, went back and opened the same hub again and now the number had changed to my own ID number.  I'm going to have to assume that is HubPages' ID number for their 40% of the time.

4. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

That is HubPages Inc's Adsense Publisher ID.

There is a chance of having four Adsense Publisher ID's running on a page, but not all at the same time.

1) The Hubber.
    2) HubPages
    3) Your Referrer (if you signed up via someone else through a tracking URL)
    4) Traffic Referrer (if someone is sending traffic to your hub via a tracking URL).

You'll always get 60% of the ad impressions. The other 40% is shared by HP HQ and the other two referrers, if applicable.

5. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 6 years ago

what darkside said... but... also... about the fluxxomed about adsense channel setup...click the link to one of my visual references on how to set up adsense.. makes a ton easier than explaining ,to actually see...http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/402#post648675 you'll copy the individual urls from the browser address bar and paste to where i show you on the visual link.. hope that helps

6. chandrakant2 profile image60
    chandrakant2posted 6 years ago

do hubpages permit me to add my friend adsense publisher id..