jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Hubs not registering traffic today.

1. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

All of my hubs say zero traffic. The only one that has views is my Donation hub, and that keeps going up and down like a yoyo.

Is it possible for somebody to drive traffic away from my hub using a referral code? So, that every time someone links to my hub it is routed to a referral?

Just curious. I just find it strange that I had 157 views the other day, and now I have 7 and only at one hub.

1. Sue Adams profile image92
      Sue Adamsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Stats go up & down like a yoyo. Don't worry about it.

2. brimancandy profile image84

I just checked my adsense, and it says I had 25 page impressions today. But, it still only registers 7 at hubpages.
    So, maybe that is a good thing. I am doing better at Redgage.

3. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 6 years ago

its possible you just need a registry cleaner for your comp. And i'm not talking antivirus or spware/malware cleaner.My old comp from 2000 used to not give me reliable updated pages on startup, and grabbed old logged files of pages until i got a registrty cleaner. after that no problems whatsoever. my new comp from '07 had  no problems at all since i clean and compact the registry daily. I recommend one that can be set to auto to run in background when no actions are being taken. i suggest system mechanic, not only does it have normal hard disk defragmenter but a memory defragmenter along with auto registry derfrag and compacter on every third startup.only takes about a minute.or desktop maestro. can save money by buying a single copy install or pay extra 20 for multiple 3 comps if have destop plus notebook computer.. hope that helps.. definitely worth the 29.95 or 49.95 for 3 multiple comps

4. brimancandy profile image84

That sounds complicated. As Peter Griffin said in the "Darkside" movie: "I think I would like to ask
    my husband? That sounds hard."

I look into that. mel22.

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Because you only have seven Hubs, your stats are vulnerable to the tiniest changes in big ways.

Having a larger pool of Hubs with a wide variety of topics is the best way to insulate yourself against this and build up traffic flow that is more sustained and consistent from day to day.

6. NewYorker profile image79
    NewYorkerposted 6 years ago

Same thing happened to me. 137 yesterday, today.. 0

7. Hub Llama profile image79
    Hub Llamaposted 6 years ago

A few things to keep in mind. First, the traffic stats on HubPages are not real time.

Second, impressions are a count of how many times your ads were shown while page views are how many times the page was shown. If you have 2 ads on a page, and the page loads all the way, then you will have 2 impressions for every one view. Sometimes that math will be off because people hit Back or Stop before the 2nd ad can load.

Third, a referral code has to be in the link to your hub. So, unless someone else is linking to your hubs (which is good) this is a non-issue. If if they were, redirects are typically done without a referral code.

Write some more hubs and build some of your own links back to them. Traffic will go up and down over time, especially when your hubs show up on HubPages system lists because they are new/popular/etc..