jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hub flagged for excessive promotion

1. franstan profile image60
    franstanposted 6 years ago

My hub was flagged for excessive promotion. I have no idea what this means. I simply created a hub from an article I wrote for Helium. The link to Helium that was in the article was not of my doing. I have edited the text and taken out the link. Is this sufficient?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Fran, you've just discovered the big lie that Helium tells you - that you're free to publish your Helium content elsewhere.

You can publish your articles elsewhere, but the difficulty is finding somewhere that will accept them.  Most reputable, well-paying sites hate duplicate content and will penalize you for it. 

If you want to write for HubPages (and it's well worth it) you need to write new, original articles.

2. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Try and republish But I do not think 1 external link to one external page is the trouble. Usually a hob flagged as over promotional will have two or more links to the same page. Outside of that I do not know any other reason for that flag. If removing the link has not helped I would suggest e-mailing the staff.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Links are prohibited at all on duplicate content. smile

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Submit it for approval and find out. smile

Usually, when a Hub is flagged for excessive promotion, it has more than two links to the same website.

You can have multiple links from your Hub, but must be to other places, each independent, but no more than 2 to one.

At least, that's what I've learned so far. But, I'm sketchy at best on that. I don't link outside of HubPages, as of yet. smile

5. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I'd never heard that, Misha.  Learned something new!