jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Putting links in a hub

1. doban profile image60
    dobanposted 7 years ago

I wrote an article several months ago and the layout included a section for links. Now, I am back to get serious but I am realizing that that section is not an option.  All I see are "text" sections, except for photos.  Was that option taken away or am I just not looking in the right place? Is it okay, to write a complete hub, but also add a link to a similar article on Hubpages or elsewhere?  I know that it says that we cannot promote, but that is kind of subjective.

1. ForKicks profile image56
      ForKicksposted 7 years ago in reply to this

WAIT WAIT WAIT!

We CAN'T promote products?

That's the main reason why I'm here.

=o

2. Ivorwen profile image78
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

To add a link capsule, press the 'link' button in the upper right hand corner of the page or on the tool bar, and a link capsule will be added in.

3. Ivorwen profile image78

Another thought:  you can put in text anchored links, by highlighting the words in a text capsule and using the link button.

4. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

that link button will look like a "chain" link in the text tools in case you don't see it ,and won't appear until after you highlight the word you want anchortexted ;like irowen said

5. Ivorwen profile image78

@ForKicks:

You can promote products, however, you are not allowed to have more than two links to the same site. 

You can write commercial hubs, like Nelle does, that promote products from Amazon and EBay. Hubpages has affiliate settings to make it easy for you to do so.  You can also have other affiliates, and use links, but no more than two to the same site, per hub.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up, I was a little bit worried that I would have to find another method of offering a youtube method to people.

6. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Make sure that you content is original. Otherwise, you could be flagged for duplicate content and that will work against you more than help you.

Just a thought. smile

1. Ivorwen profile image78
      Ivorwenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Also, just learned this from another forum, duplicate content is considered 'overly promotional' if it has links, and therefor is not allowed.

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I read that too Ivorwen. Thank you tho. smile

7. ForKicks profile image56
    ForKicksposted 7 years ago

What happened to my link? That was MY article I wrote.

I'll just go on and revise now

1. Ivorwen profile image78
      Ivorwenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Please read the forum rules. 

Links are not encouraged in the forums, especially if they lead to something you wrote. The hub team probably snipped the link.

Save the links for your hubs.  smile

=/ smh

Alright

working