jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Funny email received...

1. Lily Rose profile image84
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub a while ago on Rothenburg, Germany and it includes places to stay there.  This morning I got an email from someone (not a hubber) asking if I had any vacancies for specific dates and she said that she had gotten my name from the Rick Steves book!

Someone's a little confused - I don't know if it's me or her!  I sure wish my hub was mentioned in his book, but somehow I don't think that would ever happen.

This was just so strange, I had to share it!

1. shazwellyn profile image85
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL... the wonders of cyberspace!!! hehehe

2. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To bad you can't affiliate with the hotel and get a share of the cost of the rooms for that date smile

Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That would be cool!

2. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

About a decade ago, I read a book called The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail which alleged that Jesus had a line of descendants (including some early kings of France) and that there was a hidden society called the Priory of Sion which had safeguarded this secret for two thousand years (there's more to the book than that, but that's the basic gist.  Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code covers that kind of territory - I think that's where he got the idea from). 

I was so enthralled that I did a whole load of research, eventually realising (with help from experts in the subject) that it was a hoax and that various people had fed the authors of HBHG with a line of bull, just for a laugh!  I put a lot of the info into a website, which I've since dismantled because I lost interest and went on to do other thigs.

Despite calling my website "The Priory of Sion Hoax: an A-Z", I *still* got the occasional email from people asking if they could actually join the Priory of Sion.  Cue much bashing of head on desk from yours truly.

Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's very funny!  It's amazing how little some people think sometimes!