jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

internet recognition

1. grousepup profile image79
    grousepupposted 8 years ago

Pardon my ignorance, but do our hubs actually appear in the search engines, such as Google? If so, how do we check to find them on the internet? Do the hubs receive the same recognition as web sites? Please rundown the whole situation for a dub.
    Thanks, all.

1. grousepup profile image79
      grousepupposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for all of your replies. I'll get busy following all the advice.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

They should be, but yours don't seem to be indexed:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … tnG=Search

We seem to have had a few issues with non-indexing lately. Perhaps one of the hub team will be along shortly.

3. waynet profile image46
    waynetposted 8 years ago

You could do a search on google but depending on how new your hubs are they are unlikely to be there, you need to be building some backlinks to your hubs, you could do this on your hub profile page or any other profile page too, plus there are social bookmarking sites you could add each individual hub too, but be wary of over spamming and other such things!

There are lots of other methods to get your links shown, like adding relevant tags on your hubs, then spreading them out in your hub content and highlighting them in bold, but again don't over do this as the search engine algorythms are becoming advanced to the point of recognizing keyword spam, perhaps one of the best places to recieve great email notifications of excellent articles is at Sitepronews.com, I won't add the link here, but do a search and sign up for the article notifications as they are of great help with seo and other website optimizations.

Or perhaps do a search here as some hubbers have written on the topics alot.

1. Om Paramapoonya profile image92
      Om Paramapoonyaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Does submitting hubs to social bookmarking sites really help? It hasn't been very helpful for my hubs. The only two bookmark sites that seem to send traffic to my hubs are Digg and Propeller.   That's it.

4. johnr54 profile image68
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

My experience is that hubs get indexed in Google within hours of when they are published.  Google is very aggressive about crawling this site.

There are a variety of way to determine if you've been indexed, but the easiest for a newbie is to simply search for the hub name in quotes  ala "Your Hub Name" and assuming you haven't picked a phrase that is used thousands of times on the web it should pretty high in the rankings.

Hubpages rank pretty well on their own, but there are a number of things you can do to improve it.  But there are dozens of hubs around that purport to help your hubs do well, so I won't go into any more detail on that part of it.

5. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

It depends what sort of help you mean.

It will help Google find them - whether people follow the links or not, the spiders do.

1. Om Paramapoonya profile image92
      Om Paramapoonyaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ahh...I see.

6. spuds profile image20
    spudsposted 8 years ago

You can search for your individual hubs in Google by going

site:xxxxxxxxx where xxxxxxx = your hub url