jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

I'm having a rating problem........

1. IntimatEvolution profile image81
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Can anyone give me advice about how to get non-HubPage traffickers to rate my hubs.  I've about 20 hubs that receive very little traffic from HubPages.  Most of the traffic comes from google or yahoo search engines.  Take my traditional Spanish wedding hub, for the entire month of Dec. I had 9 hubpage viewers, but 600+ yahoo viewers.  I do not think the hub I wrote is bad.  Especially bad enough to receive negative ratings, however I cannot be entirely sure about that.  Moreover, I think the problem lies with viewers just not rating the hub at all.  Has anyone else had this problem?  How did you fix that?

1. G Miah profile image83
      G Miahposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Provlem? What problem? Your hubs being viewed via Yahoo or Google searches is fantastic, and is what other people work towards improving.

You're not happy with HP views and ratings, if i were you i wouldn't worry about that too much.

If you want HP views then spend lots of time in the forums so other hubbers will see you and may want to check out your hubs. By doing this you will also gain followers, who will then be able to view all your new published hubs.

It also depends on wether you are here to make money and or for the fun of it. Every time i get involved in the forums, i gain followers, which means that my hubs are viewed and liked by them, so good luck to you.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

You should be jumping for joy! It's the external traffic that gives you the earning potential, not internal traffic from HP!

3. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

Honestly, ratings are not important. The Internet managed to survive and thrive without people giving each others inconsequential pats on the back.

On the plus side, you are getting outside traffic. Can you capitalize on that? Are there products that are complementary to the content that your visitors might be inclined to buy?

4. IntimatEvolution profile image81

Thanks.  I didn't know that the rating wasn't important.  I thought that the rating effected my hubscore, and that it made my hubs not get a chance at first bidding when it came to search engines.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your Hubscore is completely irrelevant outside HubPages.

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly. And all your money come from outside, too smile

5. Shinkicker profile image90
    Shinkickerposted 6 years ago

Yeah, it's better that you're getting external traffic, although it is nice to get feedback form fellow hubbers

6. Mama Sez profile image86
    Mama Sezposted 6 years ago

They are right!  Congratulations to you IntimatEvolution!  Fret no more and rejoice instead smile

7. IntimatEvolution profile image81

Thanks.  I really had no idea.  I thought it was all linked.  Okay, now I know.  Thanks again.