jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

"Scietology.org" advertisement is everywhere

1. C.V.Rajan profile image69
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

This "scientology.org" advertisement is appearing almost everywhere in many articles of mine. Worst still, in one article, the same ad appears at top, side and right extreme ad spaces also, effectively thwarting any other ad from appearing.

Is it not a over-kill? Will it not affect my prospective ad clicks?

I am also noticing that non-context advertisements are appearing in many of my articles.

CVR

1. mintinfo profile image81
      mintinfoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have noticed that the ads come and go from time to time. I think anything that mentions God attracts them. They must have paid top dollar for that key word. These are fertile times where we find more and more people are becoming frustrated with traditional religion and are worshiping Aliens. Man should stop looking outward and seek answers from within. Practice altruism.

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
        Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Asa former Scientologist I can tell you that a vast amount of the income Scientology takes in goes out again on publicity and advertising so you would probably be right in your assumption.

2. Keny Luger profile image71
        Keny Lugerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh my god, are you serious?

Ooops.

Jay

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The most you can do about it is to go to your AdSense account and add it to the list of sites whose ads you'd like blocked.

Then, during the 60% of the time that your ad codes are on your Hubs, those ads can't appear.

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Low trafficked hubs get random ads. It has nothing to do with Hubpages and has everything to do with Google. Actually I went and took a look at half a dozen of your hubs at random, and all had relevant ads, and not single one about scientology. smile

EDIT: LOL, Hi Relache smile

4. Keny Luger profile image71
    Keny Lugerposted 7 years ago

They're trying to get in your head. Run.

5. C.V.Rajan profile image69

Thank you guys for your opinions.

But I wonder whether anybody reading my articles ever click at those ads that show all around. If they click, and if the ads are costly ones, I will be the happiest person! But unfortunately, my Google account shows nothing of that sort!

Does it mean that the excessive promotion is neither helping the party nor Hubpages?

CVR

6. tonymac04 profile image87
    tonymac04posted 7 years ago

I have noticed that there are no adsense ads on my Hubs at the moment. Is there something wrong with the adsense programme?

7. C.V.Rajan profile image69

Tony,

I am seeing ads in your hubs.

CVR

8. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

I hate Scientology,monster and matrimonial ads on my hubs. hmm

9. tonymac04 profile image87
    tonymac04posted 7 years ago

Tnanks CVR - I appreciate that you checked. But I am still not seeing ads in anyones'[ Hubs?

10. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

Tony, I can see adverts on your hubs, including the scientology one!
    Might be you need to clear out your browser cache or something to see them, but why bother?

working