jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Google search question

1. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

Google search has a function that allows you to search for keywords within a website. When you search for a keyword it tells you about how many results if has found.

Hubpages says the site has about 127000 hubbers.
    If you do a Google search for the word "Followers", which is found on every hp profile page on only hp profiles, you get approx. 50900 results. Does this mean that less than half of the hp profile pages are indexed?

btw, the search is initiated by typing this in Google's search box:

Followers site:http://hubpages.com/profile

2. Ed Storm profile image59
    Ed Stormposted 6 years ago

Hi,
    Unless there's a sub-directory beyond the actual profile page that I'm not aware of then you don't really need to do a keyword search for followers.

You can just do a Google search for:

site:hubpages.com/profile

That search yields 256,000 results.

1. Haunty profile image84
      Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the answer. Interestingly enough, when I use Google.com it gives me 86,600 results while when I use Google.hu (my country's Google search) it indeed gives 256,000 results. Do you know why the difference?

1. Ed Storm profile image59
        Ed Stormposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, yeah that is rather weird. I also used my country-specific Google search. Don't have an answer for that one at the moment...

3. 0
    BSBabyposted 6 years ago

Hummm Interesting...
    Ashley B.

4. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

Thanks anyway. Maybe it's just part of the Google wizardry, and unfathomable as such. big_smile

5. IvyCrenshaw profile image61
    IvyCrenshawposted 6 years ago

It is a very interesting question, Haunty.  I don't know enough about how Google works to even make an educated guess, however, I do know that when something is not active, it seems to fall off the ranking.  I also notice that when I do a google search it has the # found in a certain amount of time.  Maybe if you could extend the amount of time Google searches, it would eventually find all of them.

working