jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Flagging

1. Maddie Ruud profile image77
    Maddie Ruudposted 10 years ago

Please join me in flagging hubs that violate the HubPages rules... The only way we can ensure high-quality content is by weeding out the spam, the duplicates, etc, and the only way we can get those hubs reviewed is if enough people flag em.  So don't just give 'em a thumbs down.  Hoist your flags up high... get busy!

1. jimmythejock profile image82
      jimmythejockposted 10 years ago in reply to this

if i see em i flag em maddie lol astonishing post .....jimmy

2. Maddie Ruud profile image77

Astonishing?  How so?

3. embitca profile image88
    embitcaposted 10 years ago

What kind of stuff are you flagging? What is your idea of a duplicate? One hubber making multiple hubs exactly the same?

Personally, I prefer to be judicious in flagging. I've seen it misused a lot on other sites. People flagging stuff to be vindictive, or just because they personally don't like something or it doesn't fit whatever their standards of "quality" are. If i see something that's flagrantly abusive of the rules, I'll flag it, but otherwise I can't be bothered being a narc.

Do flagged hubs get a human review or is deletion/scoring handled by the algorithm? I'm more comfortable flagging if it is the former and not the latter.

1. profile image0
      simcoposted 10 years ago in reply to this

totaly agree with the above...

4. Maddie Ruud profile image77

Human review is my understanding.

5. Maddie Ruud profile image77

clarification: i think we're all on the same page.  i'm not a hubnazi... i just got annoyed by the masses of hubs all saying the same thing advertising one particular thing...

6. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 10 years ago

I hear ya Maddie.

working