jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Close Comments, Keep Existing.

1. Keny Luger profile image76
    Keny Lugerposted 6 years ago

I have a hub where I would really love to close the comment section. Its just a bunch of kids taking things too seriously.

If I choose to close the comments then I'd lose all the comments or they won't be displayed. If only there was a feature where we could close the comment section from having new comments but display those that are already there.

I think I asked for this before but I'm asking again.

2. Keny Luger profile image76
    Keny Lugerposted 6 years ago

I found a temporary solution.

Since most of the comments are from unregistered users, I'll just choose the option where you must have an account to comment.

Would still be great if you could close the comment section though.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you can also moderate your comments, meaning you have to accept them first. if you don't want the comments that add nothing, deny them.

3. Christa Dovel profile image90
    Christa Dovelposted 6 years ago

Just looked at your article.  It is pretty funny how caught up people can get.  Personally, I would not be one to discourage outside comments, even if they are silly.

4. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I had a few of those tongue they are annoying too but they eventually tire of their game once they see their comments don't show wink moderating can be such bliss big_smile

5. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Actually, you can.

Edit the hub & delete the comment capsule

1. Keny Luger profile image76
      Keny Lugerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you not understand what I want to achieve?

I would rather not have anything to moderate. If I have to moderate the comments then I'm just going to approve them. Thats the way I am. I won't reject a comment just because its the same thing over and over and over. Or because its silly.

I've decided that I'll just roll with it. After all moderating comments is just a few clicks and all I really look for is the spam so I could reject those. And the long comments that break the window and cause the bottom scroll bar to appear.

People like the hub and apparently some kids have nothing else to do. Maybe I should start a forum on the topic.