Google Affiliate Program

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Life at DrTom's profile image67
    Life at DrTom'sposted 14 years ago

Anyone have any experience with this program?  I just got accepted today.

1. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Most people here do.  What do you want to know?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

He is talking about the affiliate program, not AdSense.

I signed up but haven't sold anything through them.

I have the ads on my personal blog.

1. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My Bad! Thanks for setting me straight, UW - I didn't even realize...

3. Life at DrTom's profile image67

I'm a member of other affiliate programs on my blog site, but never had any experience with Google's.  With the relatively few Hubs I have checked here, I am not seeing Google affiliate ads.

4. Life at DrTom's profile image67

I don't see a Google capsule to add products to my Hub.  How do we do that?

1. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You don't need capsule for that. Just connect your adsense account in "Affiliate settings": section of your account.

Life at DrTom'sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have done that, but where do I insert code for each of my Google affiliates?

5. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

If i'm not wrong then affiliate program for firefox download, adsense sign up is closed and i don't see these buttons on adsense account anymore. It was closed after they purchased doubleclick.

6. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

You don't have to insert. Yieldbuild software is taking care of google ads placement so it saves your work. Ads are seen below the title and end of article and in the sidebars. You can check the ads on another members hubs.

7. Mike Rogers profile image61
    Mike Rogersposted 14 years ago

I think there is some confusion here. Google AdSense and the Google Affiliate Network program are two entirely different monetization streams.

Google AdSense can be enabled during hub creation, provided you have entered your personal AdSense code in the appropriate area of your Hubpages account page so that you may receive credit as per Hubpages revenue sharing model.

The Google Affiliate Network program allows members of that affiliate program to promote (when approved on a company by company basis) items and products for a fixed dollar or percentage return. Based on current Hubpages policy, up to two links such as these may be placed manually in any individual hub.

Mike

Mike, exactly.  I am talking about the Affiliate Network program.  Where and how do I place these on a Hub?  Do they only go inside a Hub, rather than along the side or bottom?

8. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

hello, fellow Ithacan,

You place relevant links using either the link capsule or the chain icon in a text capsule

When selecting a link usually the program offers a snippet of html code
    <a href="htttp://wvvw. yournewlink.com">Blah blah promotional text</a>

You will be copying only the link starting with http ->.com and placing it into your hub.

That is the mechanics, but actually getting conversions and sales as an affiliate marketer is a whole different animal than the rather simple adsense program

In adsense- once you attract traffic - being boring and difficult to read  is rather likely to make you money, but in true affiliate marketing you will have to pre-qualify and pre-sell your target traffic in order to get that cc out or personal information entered that leads to your commission.

9. Mike Rogers profile image61
    Mike Rogersposted 14 years ago

Life at DrTom's,

sunforged is quite correct. It is my feeling that AdSense and direct affiliate marketing are two "different animals" so to speak.

While there are a few exceptions, for the most part a "pitch page" (which is what the hub effectively becomes with affiliate links and sales copy) and AdSense are at odds with each other together on one page, or hub.

There is a time consideration as well. You'll need to apply for approval with each individual merchant within the Google Affiliate Network, wait a few days for approval or non-approval, then if approved create specific links as sunforged outlined to place within your text. There isn't anything automated about the process.

Conversely, AdSense will be inserted automatically (provided you configure the hub to do so) and Amazon capsules can be inserted "on the fly" rather quickly, and with good strategies overall, perform well.

Both approaches have their benefits, but they are different.

Mike

I use affiliate marketing already from another source in my blog site.  But I was wondering about experiences here with the Google program.  I have been approved by them, but not sure I will use it.

10. retellect profile image71
    retellectposted 14 years ago

I don't think (personally) that hubpages is optimised for that kinda stuff. Adsense and Kontera are the best programs (in my opinion) to use Hubpages for. Your hubs that sell stuff won't really do well unless you have plenty experience with affiliate marketing and good marketing / promo techniques.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think Nelle Hoxie would disagree with you.

11. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

I signed up for Google Affiliates after reading your question. Basically, the only way I've really gotten anything to work is to insert a link capsule into my hub and copy the link into it. I don't know how much clicking people will do on them, but like I said, the only way I've gotten anything to work yet.

12. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I also disagree

adsense is my lowest earner and I have only been optimizing  for it for the last 4 months
    ...and yes I do get monthly adsense checks, but some aff programs pay more for a single sale than most hubbers monthly adsense income

13. davidemorgan profile image60
    davidemorganposted 13 years ago

I've had really good luck with the Google Affiliate Network. I'm new here, but I have been with them for a couple of years.

One of the nicest things about the program is that the Google Affiliate Network earnings are combined with AdSense earnings, so newer folks who aren't getting the $100 monthly payout from AdSense can greatly increase their chances of getting a check every month by recommending products, writing reviews, comparisons, etc.

I usually make 10 times the money from affiliate programs than from AdSense every month. This month it's looking more like 30:1 due to the holiday neurosis.

I was wondering why my AdSense CTR is so low - what was said above makes total sense. And I also think it makes sense on profitable PPC keywords not to include affiliate links or capsules - I'd rather get a $40 click than a $.90 commission on a paperback. But maybe I should open another hub account and adopt a different persona for that approach...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)