jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Hi Newbie Here!!! How and where do I Remove google ads ?

1. great quotes profile image60
    great quotesposted 6 years ago

I just made my first hub and don't want ads for "moving house quotes" and junk!!! I just applied for a google adsense account today so In two days I will be able to choose my own relevant ads. In the meantime I do want to put a couple of books from amazon up and have a account id ready for amazon but definitely want to remove google till then.

Thanks for any help

1. wsp2469 profile image60
      wsp2469posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm afraid I won't be much help here as I am not an "ad whore".  My boss has tried to explain all that ad stuff to me but no one gets rich from it here--trust me.
      I get paid real money for my actual writing elsewhere. I just do this for fun.
      There are plenty of forums here filled with complaints about not making enough money and trouble getting accounts and so forth. 
      So expect the worst and hope for the best here.  That's the only way to do it.

2. moanalisa profile image60
    moanalisaposted 6 years ago

For two days? I wouldn't worry about it then. Just leave the ads for now and you can rearrange when your own google ads come through. Please bear in mind that you cannot remove the Hubs own ads, so if you don't have your own, you have to live with them to a degree.

3. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages!

Unfortunately, you are unable to choose your own relevant ads via Google Adsense. Ads are automatically generated based upon the content and keywords of your hub. If there are no relevant ads, then Google has the right to display whatever ads they choose. The word you use frequently is "quote", so Google will automatically display ads for that term.

You can remove ads from your hubs if they are non-commercial. If you put books up from Amazon, or any other affiliate program, your hub will be considered commercial and will have to display a "high" volume of Adsense ads. This is how HubPages earns money to keep this great site running.

To remove ads, or change the level, go into "My Account", edit the hub and select the 'Ads' volume that you'd like.

Hope this helps! smile

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

I agree to Girly, she knows what she is talking about smile

5. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Hi welcome to the hubs!

6. great quotes profile image60
    great quotesposted 6 years ago

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. This is a great community smile