jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Not able to publish my hub

1. englightenedsoul profile image61
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

I am not able to publish my hub.The Publish button does not work,though i can preview the hub.also at the top center of the edit page i get this message.

er" );bad_words.push("fucking" );bad_words.push("jack off" );bad_words.push("jackoff" );bad_words.push("jackoffs" );bad_words.push("jism" );bad_words.push("jizm" );bad_words.push("jizz" );bad_words.push("pussies" );bad_words.push("tits" );bad_words.push("titties" );bad_words.push("titty" );bad_words.push("twat" ); var eh = new hpFormHandler("edit"); eh.submitUri = "/xml/article.php"; eh.nextUri = '/hub/Winter-Olympic-Games'; eh.setValidators({},{ articleTitle: function(ele) { eh.validateMandatory(ele, 'Please specify a title for your Hub.'); eh.validateNoWords(ele, bad_words, 'Some words in the title do not conform with the editorial policy.'); }, categoryId: function(ele) { eh.validateNot(ele, 0, 'Please choose a category for your hub.');     }, newGroupName: function(ele) { if($F("articleGroupId") == -1) { eh.validateGroupName(ele, Array("Business & Jobs")); } else { // in this case, ele won't be re-evaluated, but is also // irrelevant -- so just reset the error flag delete eh.errors[ele.id]; } } }); eh.handleSubmitServerError = function(req) { eval(req.responseText); if(mssg) { if (!$('publishErrors')) new Insertion.Top(this.form, '
    '); pubErrorDiv = $('publishErrors'); pubErrorDiv.className = 'alert'; pubErrorDiv.innerHTML = mssg; // reset publish status var artStatus = $('newStatus'); if(artStatus) artStatus.value = ''; } } function do_save(status,btnid) { var btn = $(btnid); // disable the button for 2.5 seconds to prevent double clicks if( btn) { btn.disabled = true; setTimeout( '$(\'' + btnid + '\').disabled = false;', 2500 ); } var artStatus = $('newStatus'); if (artStatus && status) artStatus.value = status; // enable button before the window unloads window.onbeforeunload = function() { btn.disabled = false; } return eh.save(); }

can someone help me.I dont know what it means.And my hub is about winter olympics

2. H.C Porter profile image85
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

I saw no one responded yet... I wish I could help you, but I have no idea. Have you tried Saving it UNPUBLISHED. Exiting the Hub, and then go back into it, to EDIT it- and see if it will allow you to publish then?

If it won't, and no one else has any suggestions, email the HubPages Faculty, and see what they say.

Sorry I cant be of more help... Good Luck!

3. englightenedsoul profile image61

H.C.Porter thanks for giving it a heads up.I hope someone reads it and helps me out.Last night I saved my hub and then today morning completed both my hubs and then when i clicked on the publish button it is not working...Anywayz thankyou so much for your concern.

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Wow yikes alright. I would try, copying and save the TEXT of your Hub on your computer. Delete the capsules and Hub altogether then start over. Paste your saved text into a new Hub. Not sure where or how you would get such codes that would trigger the no publish alert. yikes do you have a virus? may need to get that checked. Hope that helps. sad

5. englightenedsoul profile image61

Thank you so much Dame for the advice.I guess i will have to start over again.But the only problem is I would lose my URL.And my antivirus does not show any virus.I use mcafee enterprise edition 8.5.Will wait a bit before starting over.

6. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

I've had this happen before as well. I'd try logging out of hubpages. Restarting your computer, then trying again. If it doesn't work I'd email HP before starting all over.

1. englightenedsoul profile image61
      englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your trick worked.I have my hub published now.Thank you everyone for helping me.Thanks

7. efeguy profile image59
    efeguyposted 6 years ago

did you check your internet connection?

save the hub in a different place and start over again,if it oks just copy and paste the hub back.

all the best

8. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

Oh good! I'm glad to hear it worked - there's nothing more boring than copying and pasting it all into a new hub!