jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Comments on hubs without notification!

1. 0
    WayneAnsellposted 6 years ago

I have received a few comments on my hubs without any notification sent to me that a comment was made. Most recently ruisky888 has done this to my hub vintage t-shirts. This is the 2nd time I have randomly noticed this happening. These comments are purely spam on all occasions. Do I have to frequently patrol each and every hub to delete these comments? I thought all comments were displayed to me when I logged in, but somehow this is not true.

ruisky888 is a spammer who publishes no hubs, but only leaves spam in comments. Can anyone help?

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

you might want to double check the hubs where you're receiving spam. go to edit mode and open up your comments capsule to see what options you have selected. then click and save.

3. myownworld profile image78
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

Is it only for the spam comments or the notification to all of them that you aren't receiving?
    yes, as rebekah says, go to your 'edit profile' and check on the 'always' option under the email ones.

4. Mikel G Roberts profile image90
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

Yea what Rebakah said...

5. Jeffrey Neal profile image89
    Jeffrey Nealposted 6 years ago

I don't get notifications for comments that the system automatically identifies as spam either.  I think that is by design, and these comments only show up for you if you are logged in.  They are not visible to anyone else. If I'm guessing correctly this is done so you can moderate the comment and just in case it is a false negative, then you can allow it.  Otherwise just delete it and move on.

6. 0

I receive notification of all other comments, both through my email as well as notification when I sign in. I have "always" as my option under my "edit profile". It has only been twice and both times it has been unwanted links to other sites, that compete with my hub.

Can I report these "hubbers" to someone? Both times these comments or unwanted links have been from "hubbers" who have written zero hubs.

7. 0

Jeffrey Neal,

Ok. This makes sense. I do just delete them and move on. I didn't realize they are only visible to me when i am logged in. thanks for the help!

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image89
      Jeffrey Nealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No problem! smile

8. jenblacksheep profile image85
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

I've not been recieving notifications for any of my comments, spam or otherwise. It says on my homepage that I've got unread comments, but I haven't been getting e-mails.

9. 0

you can change this setting under your "edit profile" button! you can have notification of your comments sent to your email.