jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why doesn't hubpage monetize the forums?

1. jim.sheng profile image64
    jim.shengposted 8 years ago

Our forums has very good traffics, I am wondering if hubpage can monetize it? Something like 50 percent of chance to earn the revenue  for a topic or reply.

2. makemoneyonline profile image60
    makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago

Good idea but I suppose the team is already very busy smile

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

We do have ads in the forums, but only for people that aren't signed in and on threads that haven't had any activity for a while.  The forums are primarily a place for the HubPages community to convene, so we don't want them too cluttered up with ads, or especially with spam.  As it turns out the ads that we do run don't generate much revenue (and yes, when we run ads we do split the impressions 60/40 with a randomly chosen author on the thread).

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

But if you did that the forums would be flooded with meaningless messages just because people wanted to earn money.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think this has hit the nail about as perfectly on the head as could be.

2. makemoneyonline profile image60
      makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It depends on the rules as usual. For example if only the creator of a thread is paid then he will make effort to craft an interesting topic so that others will be incited to answer. As for others since they don't earn any money they will genuinely answer.

I do think that though for most money is not the primary motive it adds some pizzas and will incite more people to participate and search for value added discussion.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image89
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago in reply to this

With numbers to our favorite delivery places?  Hey--that could be the content of the ads shown.

5. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

It's outside traffic that clicks on ads, generally, and inside traffic in the forums, generally, so I can't see it being a big money-spinner.