jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Seems irrelevant

1. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 6 years ago

It's so difficult to bother posting the hubs I write because in comparison to the 'state of the Union', nothing seems important anymore. It's like everyday discussions and concerns are a waste of time, mere trivialities. Anyone else feeling this way? Like we'd better get 'out there' and be active doing...yeah, doing exactly what? Fix it all how?

2. Dolores Monet profile image92
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

If you didn't do anything because of the state of the union, nobody would ever get anything done. Ever. Past or present. Life goes on. Writing your hubs expresses your views of the world and can maybe influence people.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Doing nothing. smile

It's all inside, and when one reaches peace inside, outside takes care of itself smile

4. TLMinut profile image60

But does it really? I can feel peaceful inside, perfectly happy with my life while around me everything goes to hell. It will affect me and everyone else, just seems I should be doing something of lasting value that's also major. Of course, to even know what I should do would take me probably months of study just to understand what's happening politically. Not sure there's enough time left.

5. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

The SOTU is not the most important thing.  There are other more important things than politics. Don't restrict the meaning of your life.

6. TLMinut profile image60

I've never paid too much attention to politics before but now all I hear everywhere is about how America is on the way down, jobs are going, going, gone, our schools are the worst in the developed world, we owe BILLIONS of dollars WHAT? Why is America giving money out all over the place and borrowing money our grandchildren can't even pay back? These things all encroach on our daily lives and plans. And everywhere we read "Americans are too stupid to see what's happening, Americans are too stupid to wake up." That's a stupid thing to say, of course we see it. And? Yes, citizen power is being eroded, stolen, I want to find out how civilizations in history stopped this and do it here.

7. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Well, it's a good idea to be informed.  But how we got to where we are occurred in small steps.  You can do your part by doing a little research on the thing that bothers you the most and go from there.  Eventually it does get down to voting for the person you think is best for the job.  I'd ignore the rest of the media commotion, it's not helpful and not really pertinent to your life, as you can see.

8. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I would also suggest maybe looking for the positive energies of other activities and people hmm downers are just that, downers. Look or do something that makes YOU happy so that others are happy. Just a thuoght.