jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Getting Free Stuff To Review

1. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 6 years ago

I've just published a review of a book called 'review ninja' that I got given for free (as a pdf) by someone who contacted me via hubpages wanting a review. It's nice to get something free, and I was wondering whether this happens often. Have any other hubbers been sent free stuff to review on hubpages?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I have been asked to write about topics but not reviews per se. There are sites that do look for writers to do reviews though so is not really new. Just do a search and will see the sites that offer this service to businesses but are also looking for writers. smile

1. kephrira profile image61
      kephriraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know there are loads of review sites out there - I even wrote a hub about making money on them - but I was suprised to have someone email me out of the blue to ask for a review on hubpages, so I was just wondering whether that specifically has happened to other hubbers.

3. arthriticknee profile image87
    arthritickneeposted 6 years ago

You should ensure you make yourself aware of the new FTC rules regarding product reviews and endorsements.

If you have received a free product in exchange for reviewing it you need to disclose this.

http://ftc.gov/os/2009/10/091005endorse … notice.pdf

You would obviously be a small fish in a big pond so they wouldn't be targeting you but it doesn't hurt to be aware of changes in legislation and keep everything by the book.

4. bill oneill profile image59
    bill oneillposted 6 years ago

I write reviews on googlebooks and alibris. I download a lot of military history and military material culture books for research.