jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Help Please!

1. 60
    Jewelery Bloggerposted 8 years ago

I'm wondering if we can place banners in the text area of our Hubpage?

If you can could somebody let me know how..

Thanks, Scott.

2. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

No, we can't. Text, images, RSS feeds, links and YouTube video only. (Theoretically we can do Google video as well, but I haven't been able to make that work yet.)

And make sure you have read and understood the requirements for original content, and not overly promotional content, before you post your first Hub, or you will get flagged.

3. 60
    Jewelery Bloggerposted 8 years ago

Ok thanks...

So then I can add text links then though correct?

Also it won't be spam I'm trying to test these for marketing something as these pages are being indexed super fast.

Anyways I was also wondering..

Say I have added one text field today can I go back tomorrow and submit another text field under it and the SE's re-crawl the page and take note that there is updated content?

Or is this more post a Hubpage and then post more as you want..

I'd like to know if updating them is beneficial basically.

Thanks, Scott.

4. Jenn Knows profile image60
    Jenn Knowsposted 8 years ago

Hi Scott

Many SEO's believe that adding fresh content to your page helps with Google SE rankings.

Basically, you have published a nice hub, but revisited it a few weeks later, and added another paragraph.  This way, Google might add some extra value for the fresh content.  Similar idea, comments being added to your popular hub.

P.S. Hub is basically a webpage.  So all the other SEO rules apply here (unique content, backlinks, fresh content, keyword usage, etc.)

P.S. Check out my new hub about 20 Free Internet Marketing Tips.  Each of these tips also will help to improve your hub score, visibility, and rankings at search engines.

I hope this helps.

5. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

If you use an RSS feed from something that gets updated regularly, like a blog for example, then your pages are automatically refreshed whenever the thing updates, to keep them "new" as far as the search engines are concerned.

6. Sports Obsessed profile image59
    Sports Obsessedposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the help..

I think the RSS Feed is the more efficient way to do this as it'd take forever writing new paragraphs for every Hubpage.

Well thanks for the help you two..