jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

HTML code

1. HooverU5140900 profile image60
    HooverU5140900posted 7 years ago

I am a newbie to forums as well as to hubpages so forgive me if I have overlooked the answer to my problem when I looked just now.

I have some html code I pasted in and asked to clean up.  However, it did not update with the editor to my hubpage.  Instead I just get the whole code and I actually want my link to my product to show up.

What am I not doing please?

1. arthriticknee profile image87
      arthritickneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No Can do my friend.

You are not able to use html code in hubpages. The bit that says html is for hubs on coding etc.

you can link out of a hub by highlighting the anchor text then clicking on the icon that looks like a chain link near the bold, italics etc.

that should sort you.

2. HooverU5140900 profile image60
    HooverU5140900posted 7 years ago

Thanks arthriticknee.  I will try that.  Have to interpret what you mean first as well as I am not all that computer savvy.  However, have an awesome teacher and will have a go.  If I have a problem I will come back to you.  Thanks heaps.

1. Haunty profile image86
      Hauntyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol hoover, you can use the basic html editor to insert links, but you can't use html code. Simple as that. smile Welcome to hp. Have a great experience. Upload a user pic. whatever...

HooverU5140900posted 7 years ago in reply to this

User pic done. Thanks for reminding me.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hoover, what we're saying is that if you're trying to post an affiliate banner or something like that, you can't do that on HubPages.

HooverU5140900posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is exactly what i am trying to do.  So obviously that is not a possibility then.  Thanks for this info.

working