jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon Conversion Rate

1. easyspeak profile image79
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

What's a decent Amazon conversion rate?

2. jGaunt profile image41
    jGauntposted 6 years ago

5% is descent for me.
    But I have had months between 2 and 12.
    12% was December.

3. muratos profile image59
    muratosposted 6 years ago

3% to 5% can be considered normal for Amazon affiliate program. Note that these clicks also include countries outside US which generally don't /can't buy from Amazon.com

4. 0
    rethansmithposted 6 years ago

My average is about 5%.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Between 5%-10% Normally, December is one great year though, i was hitting over 20% some days!

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Whatever puts enough money in the bank for me to live well is good enough for me.

But to answer your question with more substance - My conversion rate for January is 4.5%. But my January Amazon revenue is double my October 2009 Amazon revenue.

I haven't added any Amazon content since September, so I'm pleased with the increased revenue. It's due to increased traffic - which has almost tripled.

The decreased conversion rate is probably because I've added ebay capsules to many of my Amazon hubs. And the dubious Amazon cookie.

7. johnr54 profile image69
    johnr54posted 6 years ago

The problem is you can't really track Amazon conversions.  Since Amazon only reports number of items vs clicks, the reported conversion rate is typically higher than the standard way conversion rate is tracked, i.e. # of orders per visitor.

For example, if you had one person click through and buy 10 items, your conversion rate would be 1000%, or conversely, if a single buyer clicked 10 items before buying a single item, it would be reported as 10%.  Neither of these is correct.

Having said all that my experience is that 3-6% is typical through the year, and in December it tends higher.  Across all my sites it's about 3% this month, last month it was about 7% for the whole month.  Hubpages alone tends to run higher since I usually don't have competing offers on those pages.